SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
Manages a team with individual responsibilities to complete administrative, data management and analysis, document control, information sharing and reporting and project management process support for customer-initiated distribution construction projects to enable compliant delivery of projects of all sizes and complexities up to projects with gross capital spend of more than $12M per year. Assigns projects balancing load and experience/knowledge and development requirements.
Works with Contractors through the Contract Manager directly or their back- office support for any assigned work, to lead status meetings with the contract manager to review progress and quality of assigned work. Assists as needed with providing SDG&E protocols, scope of work, and contract adjustments where valid and approved by SDG&E.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Provide oversight to project support staff, and other construction project support resources and work with contract managers for contracted resources. Manage data, documentation and process management of all phases of the project lifecycle including intake, planning, project management, construction and close-out of customer initiated projects of all sizes and complexities up to those with gross capital spend in excess of $12M. Manages adherence of data management, document control and project coordination consistent with tariffs and policies. Works with both internal and external stakeholders and develops relationships across the organization and with partnering entities.
– Manage and monitor Key Performance Indicators, Service Level Agreements and goals for project support staff. Includes removing barriers to completion of customer projects and identifying requisite resources.
– Monitors labor, vacation and sick, indirect charges, overhead and charges to the department.
– Responsible for all aspects of employee management, including performance management, training and development for direct reports. Manage performance and identify development opportunities, individualized career paths for team members, and employee engagement plans.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– H.S. Diploma/GED.
– 6 years – Related work experience, including some experience in a role with an operations or construction focus.
– Must have knowledge of the workflow for installation or modification to distribution systems within SDG&E, including Procedures, Practices, Policies and Tariffs.
– Must be able to manage, prioritize and direct the work of others with different skill and experience levels to achieve project outcomes and unit engagement.
– Must be able to build and maintain and model effective relationships with project managers, customers, others involved in the process of completing customer projects.
– Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
– Ability to conduct analysis of cost-benefit analysis.
– Requires proficiency in computer systems and applications including but not limited to SAP, CISCO, GIS, Outlook.
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
– Bachelor’s Degree in business, project or construction management, related field or equivalent training and/or experience.
– 2 years – Supervisory experience.
– Direct experience supporting and/or managing support of small to large scale construction projects.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.
Posting End Date
May 16, 2023
$86,000.00 – $140,600.00
Total Rewards Philosophy
Note: SDG&E strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits, life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and employee assistance programs.