SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
*This position can be filled at a higher level based on experience and qualifications*
Manage Safety projects, training, assigned safety programs and basic ergonomic evaluations. Responsible for the management and development of project scope, budget, schedule and resource requirements. Independently, manage several concurrent projects, assignments and activities. Lead company safety programs including SMITH System driving, AED program, safety training and other programs assigned. Provide health and safety guidance to internal and external stakeholders/customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Manage and coordinate all activities leading to the successful completion of safety department projects including project scoping, timelines, cost estimates, cost forecasting and design. Develop and maintain project parameters for project requirements. Research and develop project strategies, perform analysis and implement as necessary.
– Travel within the service territory to perform basic ergonomic evaluations under the guidance and oversight of ergonomist.
– Lead and administer company safety programs including SMITH System driving, AED program, safety training and other programs assigned. Support departments/organizations with health and safety concerns.
– Responsible for training compliance roll outs, communications, record keeping, tracking, follow-up and other required actions to ensure safety compliance training sessions are completed by required groups, organizations and other applicable entities.
– Ensure all interested stakeholders understand overall risk and benefits involved with various initiatives, formulate alternatives/options for consideration, make recommendations and complete all projects in a timely manner, to further safety initiatives.
– Provide after hours emergency response support, as needed, and on-call activities as assigned; perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree in occupational safety and health, safety, other safety certifications through UCSD OSHA training institute or related area, or equivalent training and experience.
– 5 years of experience in report writing, oral presentation and training.
– 2 years of experience in Ergonomics, injury prevention and safety program facilitation/administration in operational and office environments.
– OSHA 10 hr training, – CSP will satisfy this requirement.
– OSHA 30 hr training – CSP will satisfy this requirement.
– COSS and/or other safety certifications through UCSD OSHA training institute.
– Previous knowledge and experience with behavior based safety program facilitation and administration.
– Knowledge and hands-on experience with Microsoft Office suite, and other work-related computer programs.
– Must be self-motivated and work independently on projects.
– Must be able to bring projects to a close in a timely fashion.
– Ability to maintain confidential information and materials.
– Excellent communication and presentation skills to develop and provide training.
– Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification.
– Master’s Degree in occupational safety and health or other related area.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.