SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The Sr. Business System Analyst support all activities of the Data Governance and Records Management to integrate, govern, and manage asset information for the purposes of advancing San Diego Gas & Electric’s Asset Integrity Management program. Partners with business and IT clients to deliver strategies and tools around data governance, records management and data quality management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Performs analysis in support of client’s business needs using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports. Gathers relevant information, organizes and analyzes data looking for trends, patterns and evaluating changes and updates to source production systems. Interprets results and collaborates with management and stakeholders to determine recommendations to be taken based on the applicable information.
– Develops and manages requirements to ensure that the IT solution reflects the functionality necessary to address business goals and objectives. Includes data analysis, modeling and process management as part of requirements facilitation. Models systems and data to a logical level, user interface design and prototyping, decision tables/trees, data flows, modeling and processes using various notation (use cases, class diagrams, activity diagrams, business process modeling notation.
– Understands data needs and develops report specifications to extract data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems. Plans and selects best data elements needed for reports. Runs reports and compiles data from multiple sources. Inspects data and verifies accuracy of data in reports. Transforms data into usable format. Presents data through written reports, metrics, and data visualization.
– Identify, develop and implement effective technology solutions that address complex initiatives. Provides application support to ensure that end-user issues are managed to resolution.
– Facilitate and execute Business Domain Testing and participate in Quality Assurance domain level testing to ensure that the IT solution reflects the functionality necessary to address business goals and objectives.
– Locate and define new process improvement opportunities. Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary, supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization. Ensures adherence to Data Governance and Records Management policies and standards.
– Maintains and expands current knowledge of technical developments in data analytics field.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics or another quantitative field or equivalent experience and/or training
– 5+ years as an analyst on complex projects or similar role
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays
– Master’s Degree Master’s Business Administration, Data Analytics, Business Analytics or other advance degree
– Experience in the energy or utility industry
Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to provide project leadership in the areas requirements development, business domain testing and training.
– Writing unambiguous, verified requirements to a testable level (functional and non-functional requirements).
– Extensive knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC).
– Extensive knowledge of project management methodologies.
– Extensive knowledge of testing methodology and tools.
– Extensive knowledge of technology system interfaces and data integration; networks, operating systems.
– Extensive knowledge of business; process, roles/responsibility, industry.
– Data analysis and Organization modeling.
– Requirements workshops/interviews/observation.
– Decision and costs benefit analysis.
– Excellent communications (oral and written), interpersonal and consultative skills.
– Facilitation and Organizational skills.
– Analytical thinking and problem solving.
– Detail oriented and committed to a high level of accuracy.
– Knowledge of Data Virtualization tools such as PowerBI, Business Objects, SAP Analytics Cloud, Cloud Services and Metadata Management tools.
– Fundamental technical knowledge of infrastructure concepts, including configuration setup on servers, routers, switches, firewalls etc
– Working knowledge of SQL and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases tools.
– Proficient knowledge of data modeling, data architecture, data security and data governance practices
– Expertise in Data integration tools such as SAP Data Services, Informatica, and MS SSIS
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.
$91,100.00 – $136,700.00