SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The Senior Solution Analyst operates within a team to configure solutions and applications according to business requirements in order to automate or enable business processes. Drives execution of product and process design, identifies and documents business requirements, creates and maintains relevant documentation, and ensures systems and applications meet user needs. Adapts existing systems for use cases throughout the enterprise. Leads systems administration, maintenance, and continuous improvement within area of responsibility. Leads creation and maintenance of relevant documentation pertaining to applications, systems, IT procedures, or cybersecurity and risk management reporting as required by their team.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Designs complex workflows within existing applications and platforms, ensuring alignment to business processes and user needs and validating the flow of information and data. Authors documentation for systems and processes, including sequence diagrams, process flows, functional and nonfunctional design requirements, and traceability. Configures existing applications for domain specific processes. Enables new use cases, by drawing on deep knowledge of solution’s capabilities and a robust understanding of the business context. Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems. Drives the continuous improvement of processes and tasks, researching and identifying opportunities to adapt existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions.
– Develops complex user stories (i.e., a unit of work that is delivered within a sprint – typically captured with a specific format) into requirements and acceptance criteria in collaboration with the Product Owner, maintaining documentation as appropriate. – Collaborates with business partners to elicit complete business requirements within an agile framework.
– Works within the agile team to drive ongoing maintenance of the team’s product (i.e., addresses any production defects or incidents, provides operational support, and ensures adequate performance of systems or applications as applicable). Conducts problem resolution and participates in resolving incident escalations as needed, assisting in the identification of root causes, and tracking issues as they are managed to resolution.
– Works as a member of an agile team, contributing to agile ceremonies such as daily stand-up, sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives to define, build, test and deliver incremental value to the organization. Works collaboratively with team members to write, estimate, and implement user stories from the team’s backlog (i.e., a list of prioritized work that is well defined and ready to be delivered). Consistently communicates within the team around progress and challenges encountered.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, related field or equivalent training and/or experience.
– 5 years – of relevant work experience in IT solution delivery and/or IT infrastructure across multiple products, systems and/or platforms.
– Business Needs Analysis – Ability to assess business imperatives and goals and articulate them in terms of the relevant Information Technology needs.
– Customer Centricity – Ability to use first-hand customer information to streamline processes, products, and services to meet the expectations of internal users and external customers.
– Problem Solving – Ability to select a course of action to solve issues by making timely decisions based on fact, knowledge, experience and judgment, while balancing business and individual needs.
– Qualitative and technical process skills, with a focus on technical requirements.
– May require work outside of normal business hours and/or 24/7 response availability for system and application maintenance, enhancements, production releases and/or operational emergencies.
– 7 years – experience in designing solutions for integration between third-party enterprise software and custom-built enterprise applications that support customers.
– 7 years – experience performing business process design, supporting API-first design principles.
– 5 years – experience in creating documents that convey enterprise-wide business process solutions to software developers, management, vendors, and business teams for cross-platform systems.
– Configuration Management – Knowledge of configuration management techniques, and ability to identify, control and change work production relationships and migration between environments.
– Packaged Platform / Systems – Knowledge of technologies and Packaged Platform/Systems including SAP S/4 HANA, IBM, Oracle, Public Cloud services, etc.
– Relevant platform certification (e.g., SAP, GIS, Adobe, Salesforce, SAP, Workday, Oracle), Process Improvement Certification (such as Six Sigma), Business Analysis Professional Certification.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.