SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Plans, designs, oversees and manages new additions and modifications to the electric and gas distribution systems, primarily related to services. Provides details and information for each job so the customer can make a decision on which design is best for them. Acts as the SDGE customer representative on these projects communicating and negotiating with internal and external entities as needed to successfully manage customer expectations, service and meter location requirements, project status and costs, while ensuring customer satisfaction and project completion. Manages all aspects of a varying number of projects and schedules. May provide direction, oversight and performance input to Service Coordinators and Staff Assistants. Directs company, contract, and customer representatives on the design of the distribution system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Conducts field investigations, meets with customers, customer representatives, contractors, construction crews, SDGE agents and governmental agencies to analyze, plan, and manage additions and modifications to gas and electric facilities. Provides customers detailed information so they have options based upon costs, timing and future plans and job scope.
– Determines the feasibility of the proposed additions in order to estimate the probability of construction. Negotiates acceptable service and meter locations. Identifies and resolves field conditions to mitigate or remove SDGE and customer construction constraints and to preserve the integrity of the distribution system.
– Using engineering calculations, prepare designs for cost effective construction service orders conforming to company safety and reliability standards, governmental regulations, state and federal guidelines. Prepares documentation to support the engineering of new customer additions to the SDGE infrastructure.
– Analyzes customer load data and coordinates gas and electric load studies. Performs engineering calculations using accepted systems and methodology to determine appropriate design details.
– Applies company policies and procedures. Calculates all costs associated with assigned projects. Negotiates with private homeowners for acquisitions of Right of Way, environmental releases, permits, traffic control and municipal requirements.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– H.S. Diploma/GED High School Diploma or equivalent.
– 2 years – Experience in one or more of the following: drafting, electric or gas construction, electrical or plumbing trades, customer service, or project management support or related areas
– Must have conceptual and analytical abilities to design, plan and perform service planner activities.
– Excellent communication skills are necessary to successfully manage all aspects of project requirements.
– Must complete the PFM program and successfully complete the Service Planner portion of the Customer Project Planner Training Program.
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
– A Bachelor’s degree, college level courses, or vocational certificate in related areas is desirable.
– Customer service experience, high standards, persuasiveness, negotiation skills and being proactive in solving problems is highly desirable.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.