SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Provide high level technical support to management in the following: (1) developing, monitoring and reporting of business unit financial plans; (2) company and business unit strategic decision-making; (3) evaluating financial impact of major business and regulatory issues; and (4) financial consulting in process costing, process improvement, new product/services development planning, and performance measurement support and analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Prepare analysis and reports of financial and operational data to assist senior management achieve performance targets.
– Support the Company in regulatory proceedings such as general rate case applications, performance based regulation proceedings and special filings including performing financial analyses of major business and regulatory issues and new product/service programs.
– Act as the financial resource relative to financial planning, analysis and budgeting, new product/services development and implementation, workflow analysis and costing information to evaluate and ensure competitiveness.
– Manage the tracking and analysis of operational and financial performance measures and indicators.
– Coordinate the preparation of OM and capital budgets for assigned business unit segments.
– Analyze information requirements and leads development of computerized solutions to meet such requirements.
– Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent training and experience.
– 6 years – Relevant experience.
– Possesses a basic level of specialized knowledge regarding financial, accounting and regulatory matters and is considered an expert/authority in these areas.
– Ability to interpret accounting, regulatory and financial theories and concepts, and develop alternative solutions to the Company’s current business and regulatory issues to enhance competitive positioning and maximize shareholder value.
– Where applicable, need to have a working knowledge of utility and IT operations and associated work processes.
– Able to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical audience.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
– Able to persuade and influence those with divergent views to achieve a consensus.
– Good knowledge of “generally accepted accounting principles.
– Advanced understanding of the interrelationship of utility rate making, tax, and finance concepts.
– Must have a strong understanding of accounting and costing principles and methodologies.
– Must have the ability to interpret accounting and financial theories and to apply them in problem solving.
– Must have the ability to identify issues, analyze data, develop, recommend, and implement solutions.
– Must possess initiative, decision-making skills and problem-solving abilities.
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
– Master’s Degree Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
– CPA, CMA, MBA and/or other professional certifications/advanced degrees are preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.