SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
*The position can be filled at a higher level depending of qualifications and experience*
Performs specific accounting, regulatory, reporting and financial assignments. Identifies operational, accounting and regulatory issues within the individual area of responsibility. Collaborates with staff, supervisor and/or manager to develop solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Performs accounting, regulatory, reporting and financial analysis and review primarily on assignments in the area of their knowledge.
– Processes the processing of financial transactions.
– Responds to inquiries of shareholders, suppliers, outside departments, government agencies, auditors and employees.
– Prepares internal and external financial reports.
– Maintains accounting and financial records of the Company.
– Implements accounting, regulatory, reporting and financial treatment for new and existing operations, regulations and laws based on management’s direction.
– May provide work direction to subordinate staff.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree In accounting, finance, economics or related business administration field or equivalent training and/or experience.
– 3 years – Requires previous public and/or professional accounting experience.
– Must be able to convey in original written correspondence and reports in a clear and concise manner, adapted to customer needs (technical and non-technical audience).
– Ability to develop alternative recommendations to issues within areas of responsibility.
– Requires knowledge of accounting methods and techniques and the ability to apply both in problem-solving.
– Skills in organizing, planning, controlling and coordinating individual activities.
– Must be able to work in a team environment.
– Positively influences others by action or example.
– CPA, CMA, and/or other professional certificates are desirable.
– Master’s Degree in accounting, finance, economics, business administration or related field is desirable.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.