SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Generates, monitors and reviews all operational and regulatory reports to ensure data accuracy for compliance. Communicates with department management teams within and outside of Kearny to assess and resolve issues as they arise and escalates as needed to get results. Properly documents issues, proposes solutions based on requirements outlined in Maintenance Practices and Regulations, and seeks technical guidance when necessary. Evaluates current state, understands desired state, and collaborates with stakeholders on finding solutions to bridge the two.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Conducts the design, production, and analysis of various reports to ensure data accuracy and compliance with regulatory agencies. Collaborates with field leadership for maintenance and/or inspection data collection and maintains operational databases.
– Manages internal and external maintenance activity to ensure compliance with SDG&E’s Maintenance Practice. Advises supervisors on identifying workflow improvements, including designing/improving front end database customizations and makes recommendations for database design changes.
– Leads the implementation of new technologies, including providing technical systems and process advice and guidance to Kearny staff, management and field personnel. Takes the lead on team projects. Generates reports/data in support of Regulatory activities and audits.
– Works with team members and crews to ensure high quality of data, including reconciling data against other sources. Analyze maintenance data for compliance and cost-benefit analysis. Run queries for extensive data analysis; interprets reports to identify necessary research to identify trends and resolve potential compliance issues.
– Assists in the improvement of data accuracy and contributes to the quality control of maintenance data. Converts data from various data formats into ‘normalized’ database form for more efficient storage and retrieval of departmental data.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science or related field (work experience can be transferred for education).
– 5+ years – Experience in database management, development and analysis.
– Previous experience in coordinating and leading projects.
– Candidate must possess the ability to quickly learn new IT systems.
– Position utilizes Cascade, SAP, Powerworks, custom data bases, Task Tracker, Access and advanced Excel.
– Must have demonstrated the ability to communicate orally and in writing, in both technical and business contexts.
– Requires strong knowledge of relational database and system development and integration and query capabilities with previous experience building database schemas.
– Candidate must have strong analytical skills with the ability to assimilate and understand data from multiple sources.
– Must have the ability to work independently as well as with a team as well as have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
– Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, and VBA.
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
– Experience in field operations.
– Knowledge of ArcGIS, GFMS, SAP, and Digital Image file handling is desirable.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.
$81,600.00 – $122,400.00
Total Rewards Philosophy
Note: SDG&E strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits, life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and employee assistance programs.