SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
This position manages compliance activities associated with regulatory mandated transmission standards required by FERC/NERC and other agencies. Manages the mandatory transmission standard compliance activities such as development and implementation of compliance tasks, regulatory compliance reports, and agency audit coordination.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Manages mandatory transmission standard compliance activities such as development and implementation of compliance tasks, regulatory compliance reports, and agency audit coordination.
– Performs regulatory compliance analysis and interpretations of new and existing standards; modifies and improves policies and procedures to ensure compliance with standards.
– Supports the preparation of compliance audit materials as necessary to demonstrate compliance for all reviews and audits. Responds to discovery and completes necessary compliance reports.
– Coordinates compliance efforts with the SDGE Regulatory Manager to help ensure proper application of standards.
– Responds to internal and external requests for information related to transmission standard compliance issues and other areas as appropriate. Participates in training programs, seminars and workshops to support compliance requirements.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree Typically requires BS/BA in engineering, business or related field.
– 5+ more years of experience or equivalent training and/or experience.
– Ability to understand legal, regulatory, and financial theories and concepts.
– Ability to develop alternative solutions to the company’s current business and regulatory issues.
– Ability to convey complex technical information in clear and concise communications to technical and on-technical audiences.
– Ability to partner with business units, identify issues, analyze data, develop, recommend and implement solutions.
– Possess project management and organizational skills.
– Working knowledge of department business activities with the ability to interpret applicable theories and concepts.
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
**This position may be filled at a higher level based on qualifications **
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.
$93,800.00 – $140,700.00
Total Rewards Philosophy
Note: SDG&E strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits, life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and employee assistance programs.