San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians
Position Title: Groundskeeper
Posting Date: 10/19/2018
Position Reports to: Greens Superintendent
Employment Category: Full-Time
Closing Date: 11/09/2018
Overseen by the Grounds Superintendent of the Woods Valley Golf Course. The Groundskeepers purpose is to assist the Grounds Superintendent to maintain optimal condition and appearance of golf course turf and planter areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Satisfactorily complete, as directed, all routine greens maintenance and gardening assignments including operating power hand tools, topdressing and maintenance of planter beds and color areas.
· Maintain, as directed, the professional appearance and operating condition of greens, cups, ball marks, sand traps, cart paths, ball washers, ice baskets, hazard stakes, cart direction signs, driving range yardage markers, and the range ball hut area.
· Receive, load, unload, and store, as directed, materials weighing up to 80 lbs.
· Continuously remove trash and other debris from the golf course, in order to maintain the highest possible standards of appearance and safety.
· Immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted or in the course of work.
· Use hand tools to clear and cut brush.
· Able to bend, stoop, lift, and stand for long periods of time.
· Follow all policies and procedures of San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians, Economic Development Agency and Woods Valley Golf Course.
· Other duties as assigned.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities for this position at any time.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
· Minimum 1-2 years of golf course experience preferred.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
Individuals who are interested for consideration for the above position should email their resume to email@example.com or submit application to P.O. Box 365, Valley Center, CA 92082
In accordance with the Policies and Procedures, San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians will at all times and for all positions gives hiring, transfers and promotional preferences to qualified applicants in the following order: 1. San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians Members. 2. First generation Lineal Descendant or the legal spouse of an enrolled Tribal Member who contributes to the household 3. San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians Lineal descendants. 4. Other American Indians. 5. All Others.