San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians
Position Title: Human Resources Assistant
Posting Date: 10/9/2018
Position Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Employment Category: Non-Exempt/ Part-Time
Department: Human Resources
Closing Date: 10/15/2018
The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support to the Human Resources Department. This role is responsible for all record-keeping, file maintenance, and data entry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for all HR filing such as personnel records, benefits, workers’ comp, general welfare, recruitment, and I9’s.
· Prepares all new hire packets, leave packets, benefits packets, and termination packets.
Maintain records of all check requests made to vendors.
· Answers phones and HR related inquiries.
· Administrates Survey Monkey surveys and summarizes results as needed.
· Checking and sorting of department mail.
· Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
· Electronic filing of CA drivers license and training certificates into the HRIS system.
· Creates Tribal Member and Employee Badges as needed.
· Ensures all internal tracking systems stay current and up to date.
· Assist with coordinating employee events and annual health fair.
· Special projects as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Qualifications and Skills
High School diploma or GED.
1 year of experience in Human Resources preferred.
Data entry and/or HRIS experience preferred.
MS Word experience required—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Strong filing experience a must.
Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment is essential.
Knowledge of HIPPA compliance preferred.
Ability to establish professional rapport with employees, managers, and Tribal Members and foster positive and harmonious working relationships.
Understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality and act with diplomacy when working with employee data, tribal member information, employee compensation information or any other confidential information or materials.
Ability to work well under pressure and perform multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions; effective time management skills, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to establish and maintain priorities and meet deadlines.
Individuals who are interested for consideration for the above position should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit application to P.O. Box 365, Valley Center, CA 92082
In accordance with the Policies and Procedures, San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians will at all times and for all positions gives hiring, transfers and promotional preferences to qualified applicants in the following order: 1. San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians Members. 2. First generation Lineal Descendant or the legal spouse of an enrolled Tribal Member who contributes to the household 3. San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians Lineal descendants. 4. Other American Indians. 5. All Others.