San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians
Position Title: Receptionist
Posting Date: October 31, 2018
Position Reports to: Executive Assistant
Employment Category: Temporary/ Part Time
External Closing Date: Until filled
The Receptionist performs administrative support in answering phones, greets visitors, and provides customers service for anyone doing business at the Tribal Administration Office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Greets vendors, Tribal members, and other individuals doing business in the Tribal Administration Office and directs them to the appropriate departments.
· Coordinates the booking of the Tribal Hall and all Tribal facilities and maintain calendar.
· Assists with material preparation for meetings.
· Responsible for sorting incoming mail.
· Filing, faxing, copying, record keeping, and data entry.
· Log incoming deliveries.
· Perform some bookkeeping or cashiering duties.
· Processes Indian Certifications, DMV exemptions, Proof of Residencies and Sales Tax Exemptions. Application process for the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program, assists in the maintenance of the department’s correspondence and records management.
· Process mail through mailers/postage machine.
· Assists Administrative Department with travel arrangements when necessary.
· Keeps call log of all incoming phone calls.
· Post Tribal events on building and electronic displays.
· Be familiar with the Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities. Serve in that capacity when necessary.
· Maintain and schedule tribal functions.
· Door security.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
High school/GED or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
· 1 year of Receptionist experience required.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to maintain a positive attitude when dealing with difficult situations.
· Maintain confidentially and high ethical standards.
· Ability to multitask.
Individuals who are interested for consideration for the above position should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit application to 16400 Kumeyaay Way, Valley Center, CA 92082
Internal Preference closing date: November 7, 2018
In accordance with the Policies and Procedures, San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians will at all times and for all positions gives hiring, transfers and promotional preferences to qualified applicants in the following order: 1. San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians Members. 2. First generation Lineal Descendant or the legal spouse of an enrolled Tribal Member who contributes to the household 3. San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians Lineal descendants. 4. Other American Indians. 5. All Others.