**Job Id** N1959170
**Job Title** Senior IT Manager
**Post Date** 11/09/2017
**Company-Division** Qualcomm Incorporated
**Job Area** Information Technology
**Location** California – San Diego
**Job Overview** We are seeking a Senior IT Manager to be part of the Engineering Compute Operations leadership team. This role is a key leadership position in Qualcomm’s Engineering Compute organization. Other functions include the following:
– Provide leadership, customer support, and be an advocate for Engineering Compute services. – Participate in administrative tasks such as budgeting, purchasing, and employee management.
– Oversee operations and Tier 3 support of the San Diego design center.
– Customer service and advocacy is a major component to success in this position. Additionally, influencing change throughout the enterprise for new or changing business requirements on behalf of engineering partners is expected. Performing tasks related to the development, integration, and general support of various solutions deployed in the Engineering environment.
– Lead projects and initiatives that will pull in engineering support teams, Engineering IT, Corporate IT, and other stakeholders to understand requirements, identify needs, evaluate the environment capabilities against requirements, assess risks, convey architecture recommendations and drive resolution of issues.
– High level of collaboration and partnership with your peers in the organization is expected.
– Collaborate with the Hardware Engineering Compute teams, local engineers and engineering teams, vendors, and other IT peers as a subject matter expert.
– Build strong relationships within all lines of business located across the globe and with all cross functional IT teams within the enterprise. The ideal candidate will be energized by change; enjoy evaluating new technologies, keeping standards up to date with respect to changing, diverse business conditions, and be able to readily solve problems within a collaborative environment. Very desirable traits include strong multitasking and organization skills. This position is occasionally interrupt driven and is often high pressure. Tasks are to be expected within this supporting architectural and operational role. Strong communication skills are required along with the ability to convert opaque business needs into IT standard/supported processes.
– Primary responsibility for sustaining elements of the Hardware Engineering Environment.
– Provide daily operational support for the engineering compute environments and solutions.
– Act as change agent, and business partner to champion and execute the migration of the business from all legacy environments into the engineering compute standard supported infrastructure and workflows.
– Act as change agent to evolve existing Engineering Compute standards (globally) to meet specific/updated business requirements
– Develop new standards when none exist – Manage multiple concurrent projects with strong communication and organization skills.
Team leadership – Customer service and advocacy – Project management – Site operations – Establish collaborative partnerships with key internal customers and stakeholders. – Forecasting, budgeting, and mentorship – EDA Workflow/tool issues/root cause analysis – Services Documentation & training material development.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
**Minimum Qualifications** 10+ years of experience required in the following areas:
– Leading and mentoring a small to medium size team (10-15) of Staff, Senior and Junior level UNIX system administrators including leading teams across multiple geographical locations
– Unix/Linux & Windows operating systems, commands and utilities including problem solving and debugging skills
– EDA tools
– LAN & WAN networking
– Capacity planning, budgeting and purchasing of compute and storage
**Preferred Qualifications** – Provide technical direction and guidance – Excellent multi-tasking skills. – Global cultural awareness
**Education Requirements** Required: Bachelor’s, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science or equivalent experience
**EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.**
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.