Senior Perforce Administrator (Senior DevOps Engineer)
California – San Diego
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm is seeking a SCM Technical member with 1-2+ years working experience as a Perforce Administrator to work in the Software Engineering IT team. This position will be part of a Global Engineering IT organization supporting Qualcomm’s next generation engineering innovations.
Ideal candidate should have Hands-On experience in administration of Perforce SCM system. You will help manage a very large-scale and globally distributed implementation of Perforce and other SCM systems.
This position is for a hands-on contributor on projects and the role will also participate in strategic as well as operational support initiatives in collaboration with the Product Owner.
This position will be responsible for:
– Install, configure, administer, and extend Perforce for the purposes of SW development. This includes integrated code peer review, continuous integration, performance data collection and analysis, systems administration, monitoring, and more
– Contribute to Configuration Management automation efforts using Chef
– Setup and maintain replica servers for load balancing and Business Continuity
– Assist with implementation of security policies, LDAP groups, and perforce protections with a keen eye towards automation, security and efficiency
– Define requirements for hosted servers and cloud services to support Perforce based Continuous Integration workflows
– Work with the Splunk Business Intelligence tool to develop reports and monitoring conducive to predictive analytics and self-healing
– Define, implement and continuously improve workflows and processes including branching strategies and integration, site proxying and mirroring, disaster recovery, and archiving
– Work closely with Developers, Corporate IT teams and multiple content teams to train, mentor, and evangelize Perforce best practices
– Contributing to a systems administration team supporting 24×7 operations
– Integrating various tools in the DevOps toolchain to accelerate Engineering Tool team’s velocity while maintaining high standards for quality and consistency.
Solid understanding and experience with following are required:
– 1-2+ years of experience implementing and managing Perforce based source code control, code review and continuous integration and engineering automation
– Experience supporting Perforce usage in large organizations or enterprise environments
– Scripting skills in Bash, Perl, Python and Ruby desired
– Knowledge and Experience installing, configuring, and managing Helix Swarm and/or Code Collaborator
– Understanding and experience with Agile process (SCRUM) is required
– Experience acting as system administrator for Perforce running on Linux servers with clients on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
– Experience with Enterprise class HA/DR tools such as Veritas and Oracle
– End-to-end understanding of software development methodologies and tool chains including build automation, version control, testing, code quality
– Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to be effective in a globally distributed organization
– Strong interpersonal skills are required
– Exceptional ability to drive tasks and deliver on time is a must to be successful in this role
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years IT-relevant work experience OR 5+ years IT-relevant work experience without a bachelors degree.
– KPI definition and experience with BI Tools such as Splunk
– Git/Clearcase/DesignSync knowledge is a plus
– Ruby/Chef and AWS experience is a strong plus
– Knowledge and experience with implementing CI/CD solutions preferred
– Knowledge of infrastructure automation, monitoring and security is highly desirable
– Strong desire for continuing self-education in Perforce software, SCM, DevOps and best practices
Required: Bachelor’s, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Information Technology
Preferred: Master’s, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Information Technology or equivalent experience
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.