Support the CES business by providing accurate and timely product quotes for internal and external sales leads. Source and negotiate products through multiple vendors in order to meet the customer’s needs and to capture competitive pricing. Manage the full cycle order process from the initial quote to placing the order and delivery to the customer. Quotes will vary from small amounts to large installations that could be over $500,000. Provide timely, courteous and accurate service to internal and external customersAll job responsibilities are to be performed in adherence with the company’s Mission/Values Statement and its Code of Conduct
US Foods Culinary Equipment & Supplies, specialty operations division of US Foods, is seeking applicants for our Customer Solutions Center located in Plymouth, Minnesota
99. Manage relationships with all customer channels through these communication vehicles: calls, Emails, Chats, and faxes and assist all customers in a professional, courteous, reliable, and responsive manner. Respond promptly with appropriates sense of urgency to customer contacts while providing superior customer service. Answer questions and provide product, processing, and pricing guidance.
99. Prepare quotes using AS400, AutoQuotes, customer contract guidelines, vendor quotes and vendor websites/calls. Return completed quotes to customer in timely manner.
+ Recognize the need for ancillary charges, (small package, broken carton charges), and add to the quote.
+ Call suppliers for additional deviations when necessary
+ Recommend products to fit customer needs / company profitability requirements
+ Interface with Account Managers, TM’s, Specialists, Division buyers, Category Management, vendor rep groups, brokers, and end-user customers to provide an accurate quote.
+ Prepare freight quotes and send spec sheets as needed.
+ Utilize numerous pricing rules for customer, contract, vendor, division specific orders. Apply specific mark-ups / discounts as determined by customer group.
+ Prepare multiple quotes based on customer/quote type that allows for easier processing for division partners.
99. Quote/process orders for custom, large equipment, furniture, large installations. Work with factory on production schedules.
99. Enter customer orders/purchase orders accurately to ensure the highest level of accurate customer service.
+ Key direct channel orders and manage credit card/leasing transactions.
+ Quality check Division Purchase Orders, fix as necessary, communicate with Division Buyers/Specialists on missing or incorrectly provided information.
+ Manage large projects or product rollouts as necessary by customers.
99. On stock orders, manage all division stocking, pricing and product, delivery, carriers, CES pricing requirements. Manage companywide rollouts of into stock products.
99. Other duties:
+ Quote and manage expedited orders as necessary. Negotiate deliver times as necessary.
+ Search for accurate part numbers, set up / establish cost of products in system.
+ Maintain accurate and complete history of customer concerns by entering notes in the AS-400 system.
+ Provide additional information such as production/shipping lead times, shipping/handling costs, additional costs, product availability, and tracking information as necessary.
+ Track orders for customer and/or supervisor request.
+ Manage vendor alerts on pricing, delivery, product spec and lead time. Keep division partners/customers abreast of all changes. Act as customer advocate.
+ Handle questions on stocked CES products
+ Support website customers including Amazon.com, Sam’s Club, and NextDayGourmet.com.
99. Remain informed on all new and existing products carried by the Company. Attend vendor information sessions.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
*Education/Training:* The position requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
*Related Experience:*Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential requirements for the position.
3 years experience working in an office/call center or customer service environment.
99. The position requires above average personal computer skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office software to include Word, Excel and Email and the ability to use Intranet and Internet applications.
99. Ability to calculate basic math equations including pricing, discounts, mark ups. Ability to deviate bids and problem solving to balance profitability and customer experience across the organization.
99. High level of detail orientation is necessary.
99. Basic sales techniques over the telephone are necessary.
99. The ability to verbally and in writing communicate to all levels of the organization is necessary.
99. High level of problem – solving and decision making is required. Problem solving includes – deviations, expediting shipping, product selection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual will need to speak, hear, see, sit, or stand as needed. The incumbent will be required to perform computer keyboarding activities. The position will require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. The position will also require reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting items as required for products, filing documents or storing materials throughout the work day. The position requirements may also include lifting items that weigh up to 50 pounds for products, files and computer printouts on occasion.
**Primary Location:** Twin Cities Metro-MN
**Schedule:** Full-time **Shift:** Day Job
**Job Function:** Office/Admin Supervisor/Managment
**Job Level:** Individual Contributor
About US Foods
Why US Foods? As one of America’s top 10 largest private companies, we offer talented professionals outstanding opportunities for personal and professional development. We maintain a strong focus on growth in a high-performance environment. That means your work will be challenging and rewarding. We conduct business in a highly ethical manner and maintain an unwavering commitment to operational excellence, safety, and environmental responsibility. As important, we encourage collaboration and value each member of our diverse and talented team.