Job title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Anaheim/Santa Ana, CA
Application Deadline: 01/31/2019
Compensation: Minimum of $16.20/hour. DOE. In addition to hourly pay, we offer paid time off, 401(k), rich benefits & much more!
Status: Full Time/Regular position
Provides a variety of administrative and clerical support to the Site Manager and other staff. Duties may include researching and compiling information, coordinating activities between departments and/or outside services, maintaining data, generating reports and other documents using a full range of computer software such as word processing, spreadsheet, database, and desktop publishing. Assists with coordinating events, workshops, trainings and other program activities. Assist with answering telephones, screening calls and taking messages. When necessary, fills in for other duties as assigned.
1. Answers phones, records and distributes messages, greets and directs staff and visitors with courtesy and respect.
2. Assists in coordinating activities within and between departments and/or outside agencies, such as meetings and special events.
3. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks and/or providing staff coverage as needed.
4. Creates, updates, and maintains personnel information, administrative forms, Admin mail logs, equipment maintenance information, request forms, office supplies, and vendor information.
5. Drives company vehicle for the purpose of delivering mail, packages, TANF participants, or other services. (As requested)
6. Establishes and maintains filing system for correspondence, forms, reports, records, etc. (relevant to Admin Assistant duties)
7. Maintains strict confidentiality of all facts of program and client records.
8. Maintains a safe and clean employee break room area, mailroom and office supply area.
9. Operates/maintains a variety of office equipment, such as copier, computer, printer, fax, typewriter, calculator, etc.
10. Performs other appropriate duties as assigned by Site Manager.
11. Receives and sorts administrative/employee mail and deliveries.
12. Prepares meeting space, agendas for meetings, take minutes during meetings, distribute minutes afterwards and archives them accordingly.
13. Prepares request forms, travel/per diem, invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and/or other documents, using word processing, spreadsheets, database and/or presentation software.
14. Researches and compiles information under the direction of the Site Manager, and produces reports for managers, staff, and outside agencies.
15. Updates employees’ daily schedules (including employee sick calls/vac.), participant appointments.
16. Coordinates re-assignment of participant/vendor appointments (to other available employees) when employee calls in sick or late. Notifies participant/vendor of change, if needed.
17. Provides general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing, and copying.
18. Assists in resolving any administrative problems.
19. Acts as the Chain of Command in the absence of Site Manager, including responding to participant services and/or inquiries.
20. Runs office errands i.e. office supply shopping, post office, etc.
21. Responsible for keeping inventory of all office supplies, forms, promotional items, etc. and placing orders for replenishment if needed.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: High School Diploma or GED and four (4) years experience in a secretarial/administrative role. Or, an Associate’s degree in business plus two (2) years work experience in an administrative role.
Experience: Providing quality customer service, including the assessment of client needs and evaluating the level of client satisfaction. Intermediate to advanced experience with computers and various software for word processing, database, spreadsheet, and desktop publishing.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid California Driver’s License with driving record acceptable to SCTCA’s insurance.
Knowledge of: Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms and flyers, and other typical office procedures and terminology. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational and time management skills. Proven ability to work with people from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds. Knowledge of Indian history, culture and politics a plus.
Ability to: Typically requires sitting for extended periods of time. Lift and move objects on occasion weighing up to 25 pounds. Work in an indoor office environment but also may require travel. Minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute. Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Understand scope of authority in making independent decisions.
Conditions of Employment: Candidates are required to successfully complete required background check and drug screening.
In addition to the essential duties listed above the Administrative Assistant is expected to:
1. Demonstrate tact and a high level of professionalism due to the sensitive and highly confidential nature of the position.
2. Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform the duties of the position.
3. Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Communicate regularly with supervisor about department issues.
5. Demonstrate the ability to handle difficult situations with respect and courtesy.
6. Possess the ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
7. Flexible schedule (occasional after-hours and weekends) and travel may be required depending on workload, workshops, etc.
8. Be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
9. Demonstrate efficient time management and prioritizes workload daily.
10. Be able to maintain heavy paperwork and processing in a fast-paced work environment.
11. Enjoy working independently and meet timelines.
12. Be thoroughly knowledgeable of all TANF guidelines at all times.
13. Make sound rational decisions and recommendations without bias.
14. Participate in various departmental meetings and/or committees.
15. Assist with temporary training of TANF staff.
16. Travel between office sites may be requested to assist with training/office coverage.
17. Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time.
18. Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
19. Develop and maintain a relationship of trust, confidence, and good rapport with staff, administration, and program participants.
20. Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion, such as participation in Social Work conferences, Health Fairs, Career Fairs, Graduation events, etc.
About Our Company
The Southern California Tribal Chairmen’s Association (SCTCA) is a multi-service non-profit corporation established in 1972 for a consortium of 19 federally-recognized Indian tribes in Southern California. The primary mission of SCTCA is to serve the health, welfare, safety, education, cultural, economic and employment needs of its tribal members and enrolled Indians in the San Diego County urban areas. A board of directors comprised of tribal chairpersons from each of its member Tribes governs SCTCA.
How to Apply
A. Apply online at http://sctca.applicantpro.com/
B. Apply in person and submit a completed Application for Employment with a resume to the Human Resources office*, located at 36146 Pala Temecula Rd. Bldg H. Pala, CA 92059. *Office subject to closures.
C. Fax a completed Application for Employment and resume to 760-742-8610.
Note: The Application for Employment can be found at www.sctca.net, under the “About SCTCA” link.
SCTCA IS AN “AT-WILL” EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WITH NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE