Job title: TANF Security Officer
Location: Escondido, CA
Application Deadline: Open until filled (Early applications encouraged)
Compensation: Minimum of $17.50/hour. DOE
Benefits: *Paid Holidays *Rich Medical, Dental & Vision *Generous Vacation & Sick *401(k) Match
Status: Full Time/Regular position
The TANF Security Officer is responsible for a variety of routine administrative and security duties. Daily tasks may include, but are not limited to the following: general oversight of the security of all TANF locations (including parking lots, restrooms and surrounding areas), performing clerical duties including answering telephones, screening calls, taking messages, observing for and prompting compliance with facility protocol and policies/procedures, as well as providing reports as requested. This person will circulate to provide coverage and support services to all of the TANF offices throughout San Diego County, Orange County and Santa Barbara County. The TANF Security Officer reports directly to the TANF Sites Director.
- Call police or fire departments in the case of emergency, such as fire, flood, or the presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Investigate and report any disturbances for all TANF offices.
- Circulate among visitors, clients, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Manage developing situations, alerting appropriate people in authority and/or emergency personnel.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and assist/instruct departments on how to maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Maintain the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee and client information.
- Will be an active participant in the Health and Safety Committee.
- Drive a company vehicle to all locations in order to provide support services to all TANF departments.
- Pick up and deliver participants (including adults and children) to and from various locations on and off the reservations for appointments and special events as needed.
- Use excellent customer service skills, establish and maintain harmonious relationships with other employees, officials, outside organizations, and representatives of local, state, and federal agencies.
- Answer phones, record and distribute messages, greet and direct staff and visitors with courtesy and respect.
- Attendance at work is an essential function of this position.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent; one year of experience in a progressively responsible security position; or an equivalent combination sufficient to perform essential functions of this position preferred.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid California Driver’s License with driving record acceptable to SCTCA’s insurance. CPR/First Aid Certification required at hire or within 30 days of start date.
Knowledge Requirements: Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions. Knowledge of Indian history, culture and politics a plus.
Tools and equipment: Requires frequent use of company vehicle, laptop computer, including word processing (Word), spreadsheet programs (Excel), telephone (cellular & landline), calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and any specialized equipment needed to perform the job.
Physical: Ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects; as well as, the ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. Ability to lift and carry up to 60 pounds. The employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear; as well as operate a motor vehicle.
Conditions of Employment: Candidates are required to successfully complete required background check, including Live Scan and drug screening. Will be required to wear a company provided security uniform.
In addition to the essential duties listed above the TANF Security Officer is expected to:
- Demonstrate tact and a high level of professionalism due to the sensitive and highly confidential nature of the position.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor about department issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle difficult situations with respect and courtesy.
- Possess the ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Flexibility to work occasional after-hours and weekends; travel may be required depending on workload, workshops, etc.
- Be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate efficient time management and prioritizes workload daily.
- Enjoy working independently and meet timelines.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable of all TANF guidelines as necessary.
- Make sound rational decisions and recommendations without bias.
- Participate in various departmental meetings and/or committees.
- Travel between office sites will be requested to assist with office coverage.
- Develop and maintain a relationship of trust, confidence, and good rapport with staff, administration, and program participants.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion, such as participation in Social Work conferences, Health Fairs, Career Fairs, Graduation events, etc.
About Our Company
The Southern California Tribal Chairmen’s Association (SCTCA) is a multi-service non-profit corporation established in 1972 for a consortium of 25 federally-recognized Indian tribes in Southern California. The primary mission of SCTCA is to serve the health, welfare, safety, education, cultural, economic and employment needs of its tribal members and enrolled Indians in the San Diego County urban areas. A board of directors comprised of tribal chairpersons from each of its member Tribes governs SCTCA.
How to Apply
Preferred method: Apply online at http://sctca.applicantpro.com/
1. Apply in person and submit a completed Application for Employment with a resume to the Human Resources office*, located at 11475 Nejo Rd. Bldg H. Pala, CA 92059. *Office subject to closures.
2. Fax a completed Application for Employment and resume to 760-742-8610.
Note: The Application for Employment can be found at www.sctca.net, under the “Careers” link.
SCTCA IS AN “AT-WILL” EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WITH NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
To be considered under Native American Preference, you must submit verification of Tribal affiliation with your application.