Job title: Bindery Specialist
Location: Pala, CA
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Compensation: Minimum of $15/hour. DOE. In addition to hourly pay, we offer paid time off, 401(k), rich benefits & much more!
Status: Full Time/Regular position/4/10 work schedule (Wed-Sat)
This individual works for the Tribal Training Print Source program in North San Diego County. The Tribal Print Source Bindery Specialist will be responsible for cutting, collating, folding and binding documents of all types. This position will also be responsible for large format laminating and finishing in a commercial print shop. This person will need to be flexible and able to adapt to a changing schedule, routine, and job duties at a moment’s notice.
- Read work orders to determine setup specifications and instructions for bindery.
- Examine stitched, collated, bound/unbound product samples for defects such as imperfect bindings, ink spots, and torn or loose pages.
- Start machines and make trial runs to verify accuracy of machine setups.
- Setup and/or operate machines that perform binding operations such as, cutting, pressing, folding, and trimming on books and related articles.
- Observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and determine whether adjustments are needed.
- Install and adjust bindery machine devices such as, knives guides, rollers, rounding forms, crating rams, and clamps, in order to accommodate sheets, signatures or books of specified sizes, using various hand tools.
- Maintain records of daily production, using specified forms.
- Lubricate and clean machine parts, perform minor repairs in order to keep machines in good working condition.
- Shipping, packaging, receiving and mail-house fulfillment.
- Tray-packing, sorting and bundling direct mail pieces, and delivering.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all facts of programs and client records.
- Performs other appropriate duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years bindery experience in a print shop environment required.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid California Driver’s License with driving record acceptable to SCTCA’s insurance.
Knowledge & Ability Requirements: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Strong organizational and time management skills. Proven ability to perform all tasks in a quick and accurate manner. Must understand the scope of authority in making independent decisions.
Physical: Primarily an indoor environment in a production area. Lifts and moves objects weighing up to 70 pounds.
Conditions of Employment: Candidates are required to successfully complete required background check and drug screening.
In addition to the essential duties listed above the Bindery Specialist is expected to:
- Demonstrate tact and a high level of professionalism.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor about department issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle difficult situations with respect and courtesy.
- Possess the ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Flexible schedule (occasional after-hours and weekends).
- Be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate efficient time management and prioritizes workload daily.
- Be able to maintain heavy paperwork and processing in a fast-paced work environment.
- Enjoy working independently and meet timelines.
- Make sound rational decisions and recommendations constructively without bias.
- Be able to receive and give constructive criticism in a tight deadline environment.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Develop and maintain a relationship of trust, confidence, and good rapport with staff, and administration.
About Our Company
The Southern California Tribal Chairmen’s Association (SCTCA) is a multi-service non-profit corporation established in 1972 for a consortium of 19 federally-recognized Indian tribes in Southern California. The primary mission of SCTCA is to serve the health, welfare, safety, education, cultural, economic and employment needs of its tribal members and enrolled Indians in the San Diego County urban areas. A board of directors comprised of tribal chairpersons from each of its member Tribes governs SCTCA.
How to Apply
Preferred method: Apply online at http://sctca.applicantpro.com/
1. Apply in person and submit a completed Application for Employment with a resume to the Human Resources office*, located at 36146 Pala Temecula Rd. Bldg H. Pala, CA 92059. *Office subject to closures.
2. Fax a completed Application for Employment and resume to 760-742-8610.
Note: The Application for Employment can be found at www.sctca.net, under the “About SCTCA” link.
SCTCA IS AN “AT-WILL” EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WITH NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE