Job title: Mail Carrier
Location: Pala, CA
Application Deadline: 10/17/2019
Compensation: Minimum of $13/hour. DOE
Status: Full Time/Regular position.
Under the direction of the Transportation Manager, driver will be responsible to deliver and pick up mail to the designated locations. This includes picking up and dropping off mail to the determined locations, keeping accurate records and performing other duties as assigned. May drive throughout San Diego County daily and out of County offices on occasion, as needed.
- Retrieve, sort and deliver all inter-office and US mail to/from all SCTCA offices and contractors according to drop off schedule. Track and secure all mail once in possession.
- Department filing (i.e. Inventory, vehicle reports, fiscal requests, etc.)
- Inspect company vehicles for cleanliness, safety and potential mechanical problems daily and promptly report any needs or issues to the Transportation Manager.
- Maintain vehicle appearance to company standards.
- Update and maintain inventory of vehicle equipment.
- Confident driving in inclement weather and on rural roads in remote areas.
- Provide efficient and safe delivery/pick up of packages and documents while representing the company in a professional manner.
- Provide excellent customer service in a patient, friendly and helpful manner.
- Provide staff coverage, as needed (transport participants to/from training, take vehicles in for service, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid California Class C Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Report at time of hire and continued throughout employment. CPR and First Aid preferred.
Knowledge Requirements: Familiar with Indian reservations and urban areas in San Diego County. Ability to exercise sensitivity and good judgment in dealing with people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds in difficult situations. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all personal and/or program-related information shared by TANF participants.
Experience: Experience driving a passenger vehicle for business purposes. Entry level to intermediate experience with desktop computers. (Word and Excel)
Physical: Ability to carry 40 or more pounds regularly.
Conditions of Employment: Minimum 23 years of age, for auto insurance purposes. Candidates are required to successfully complete required background check, including Live Scan and drug screening.
In addition to the essential duties listed above the Mail Carrier is expected to:
- Demonstrate tact and a high level of professionalism due to the sensitive and highly confidential nature of the position.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor about department issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle difficult situations with respect and courtesy.
- Possess the ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Flexible schedule (occasional after-hours and weekends) and travel may be required depending on workload, workshops, etc.
- Be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate efficient time management and prioritizes workload daily.
- Be able to maintain heavy paperwork and processing in a fast-paced work environment.
- Enjoy working independently.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable of all TANF guidelines at all times.
- Make sound rational decisions and recommendations without bias.
- Participate in various departmental meetings and/or committees.
- Travel between office sites may be requested to assist with training/office coverage.
About Our Company
The Southern California Tribal Chairmen’s Association (SCTCA) is a multi-service non-profit corporation established in 1972 for a consortium of 19 federally-recognized Indian tribes in Southern California. The primary mission of SCTCA is to serve the health, welfare, safety, education, cultural, economic and employment needs of its tribal members and enrolled Indians in the San Diego County urban areas. A board of directors comprised of tribal chairpersons from each of its member Tribes governs SCTCA.
How to Apply
Preferred method: Apply online at http://sctca.applicantpro.com/
A. Apply in person and submit a completed Application for Employment with a resume to the Human Resources office*, located at 36146 Pala Temecula Rd. Bldg H. Pala, CA 92059. *Office subject to closures.
B. Fax a completed Application for Employment and resume to 760-742-8610.
Note: The Application for Employment can be found at www.sctca.net, under the “About SCTCA” link.
SCTCA IS AN “AT-WILL” EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WITH NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
To be considered under Native American Preference, you must submit verification of Tribal affiliation with your application.