Job title: Senior Estimator
Location: Pala, CA
Application Deadline: 1/23/2019
Compensation: Minimum of $20/hour. DOE
Status: Full Time/Regular position.
This position is responsible to work directly under the Assistant Director assisting in all duties required to prepare and transform a verbal print request order into a written price estimate which can then be turned into a sales order. The position will serve as the official liaison for all incoming Tribal work. This position will interact and work with local and national Tribal entities in taking current print requests and seeking new business.
In conjunction with the team at Nativehire, this person will help promote sponsorships and partnerships with nativehire.org as part of the sales process including representing Tribal Print Source and Nativehire at local and national trade shows and events.
· Prepare print job quote estimates under the supervision of the Assistant Director by gathering proposals, specifications and related documents.
· Conduct competitive bidding, procurement, price negotiations and budgeting.
· Research and price new materials/sources/vendors to obtain pricing.
· Follow through and maintain the estimate job workflow process from initial estimate through revisions, through final sales acceptance.
· Intake and assist with all internal SCTCA print orders and those coming from Tribes.
· Develop client relationships by providing excellent communication between Sales, Production and the client.
· Work closely with the TTPS team to understand shop capabilities and capacities before preparing a job quote.
· Attend trade shows and community business events to promote both Nativehire and Tribal Print Source.
· Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: Minimum High School education or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid California Driver’s License with driving record acceptable to SCTCA’s insurance.
Experience & Requirements:
Minimum of 3 years (5 years preferred) commercial print industry experience either as an estimator or customer representative.
· Good understanding of the Print industry, sales, and a digital workflow.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Experience using QuickBooks.
· Experience using online project management tools (BaseCamp preferred).
· Experience using RocketPrint Software or printing estimating software.
· Knowledge of local tribes and programs preferred.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication. Strong customer service. Attention to detail. Organized. Able to accept direction from supervisors and work independently when needed to meet deadlines.
Physical: Typically requires sitting for extended periods of time. Lifts and moves objects on occasion weighing up to 25 pounds. Primarily an indoor office environment.
Conditions of Employment: Candidates are required to successfully complete required background check and drug screening.
In addition to the essential duties listed above the Senior Estimator is expected to:
· Communicate regularly with supervisor about department issues. Must possess excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
· Demonstrate efficient time management and prioritizes workload daily.
· Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform the duties of the position.
· Demonstrate tact and a high level of professionalism due to the sensitive and highly confidential nature of the position.
About Our Company
The Southern California Tribal Chairmen’s Association (SCTCA) is a multi-service non-profit corporation established in 1972 for a consortium of 19 federally-recognized Indian tribes in Southern California. The primary mission of SCTCA is to serve the health, welfare, safety, education, cultural, economic and employment needs of its tribal members and enrolled Indians in the San Diego County urban areas. A board of directors comprised of tribal chairpersons from each of its member Tribes governs SCTCA.
How to Apply
Apply online at http://sctca.applicantpro.com/
Fax a completed Application for Employment and resume to 760-742-8610.
Apply in person and submit a completed Application for Employment with a resume to the Human Resources office, located at 36146 Pala Temecula Rd. Bldg H. Pala, CA 92059. Applications accepted Monday-Friday 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM unless office is closed for a Holiday or special event.
Note: The Application for Employment can be found at www.sctca.net, under the “About SCTCA” link.
To be considered under Native American Preference, you must submit verification of Tribal affiliation with your application.
Once you have submitted your application…
A member of our human resources team and the hiring manager will review resumes. You will be contacted through email if your experience, skills, education, and background best match the requirements for the opportunity. The email will invite you to take an assessment for the position which you must complete in order to move forward in the process.
SCTCA IS AN “AT-WILL” EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WITH NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE