Job title: TANF Trainer
Location: Pala, CA
Compensation: Minimum of $23/hour. DOE
Status: Full Time/Regular position
Provides employee training for all SCTCA Tribal TANF sites (travel necessary) and a variety of administrative and clerical support to the Tribal TANF program. Duties include employee training, researching and compiling information, coordinating activities between departments and/or outside services, maintaining data, generating reports and other documents using a full range of computer software such as word processing, spreadsheet, database, and desktop publishing. Assist with coordinating events, workshops, trainings and other program activities. Also may be required to answer telephones, screen calls, take messages, and act on occasion as the office receptionist. When necessary, fills in for dept. staff, and other duties as assigned.
Prepare and conduct training for front line staff (Eligibility, Career, Case Worker, Ed. Coordinator) and TANF Clerk.
Coordinates all dept. training schedules and compiles new hire training binders.
Develop and enhance training materials and activities based on staff learning style.
Conduct training follow up, as needed.
Conduct peer reviews.
Maintains inter-office TANF forms / policies on the sctca.net website.
Researches and compiles information under the direction of the Administrative Coordinator and Sites Director, and produces reports as needed.
Maintains and expands TANF Clerk Database and provide training as needed.
Assist in OnBase Data Management.
Contributes to team effort by providing staff coverage in the areas of Administrative Coordinator and Data Entry Support Specialist.
Responsible for keeping inventory of all office supplies, forms, promotional items, etc. and placing orders for replenishment as needed.
Implement functions of the inter-office User Request forms.
Prepares training/meeting space, agendas for meetings, take minutes during meetings, distribute minutes afterwards and archive them accordingly.
Run office errands ie. office supply shopping, post office, etc.
Maintains strict confidentiality of all facts of program and client records.
Answers phones, records and distributes messages, greets and directs staff and visitors with courtesy and respect.
Receives and sorts administrative/employee mail and deliveries.
Maintains a safe and clean employee break room area, mail room and office supply area.
Operates/maintains a variety of office equipment, such as copier, computer, printer, fax, typewriter, calculator, etc.
Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying.
Prepares request forms, travel/per diem, invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and/or other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or presentation software, as needed.
Assists in coordinating activities within and between departments and/or outside agencies, such as trainings, meetings and special events.
Drive company vehicle for the purpose of staff training, delivering mail, packages, or other services.
Performs other appropriate duties as assigned by Administrative Coordinator and Sites Director.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred or equivalent training and work experience sufficient to perform the duties of the position.
· Experience in providing quality customer service.
· Intermediate to advanced experience with computers and various software for word processing, database, spreadsheet, and desktop publishing.
· Presentation Skills – Be able to create presentations and deliver them clearly and confidently.
· Facilitation – Know how to engage manage and direct people and teams.
· Creativity – Use creativity to handle situations on the spot.
· Measuring Results from Training – Identify and measure the different results of training.
· Public Speaking – To speak to an audience with confidence and control.
· Experience giving feedback, evaluating performance, and handling difficult conversations.
· Database management (Access) preferred. Or the high capability to learn database management.
· Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms and flyers, and other typical office procedures and terminology.
Certificates & Licenses & Skills: Valid California Driver’s License with driving record acceptable to SCTCA’s insurance. Minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute.
1) Communication Skills – Communicate with clarity, precision and influence.
2) Active Listening – Listen in a way to understand and respond suitably.
3) Continuous Learning – Engage in learning continuously to develop skills further.
4) Organizational Skills – Organize tasks to save time and effort.
5) Time Management – Prioritize, set goals, and delegate for better productivity.
6) Knowledge of Federal Register, TANF Plan and Coding Guide.
Physical: Typically requires sitting for extended periods of time. Lifts and moves objects on occasion weighing up to 25 pounds. Primarily an indoor office environment but also required to travel.
Conditions of Employment: Candidates are required to successfully complete required background check and drug screening.
In addition to the essential duties listed above the TANF Trainer is expected to:
1) Communicate regularly with supervisor about department issues.
2) Consistently report to work on time and prepared to perform the duties of the position.
3) Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
4) Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times.
5) Demonstrate ability to handle difficult situations with respect and courtesy.
6) Demonstrate tact and a high level of professionalism due to the sensitive and highly confidential nature of the position.
7) Possess the ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
8) Flexible schedule (occasional after-hours and weekends) and travel required.
9) Be thoroughly knowledgeable of applicable guidelines and forms.
10) Make sound rational decisions and recommendations without bias.
11) Participate in various department meetings and/or committees.
How to Apply
Apply online at http://sctca.applicantpro.com/
Apply in person and submit a completed Application for Employment with a resume to the Human Resources office, located at 36146 Pala Temecula Rd. Bldg H. Pala, CA 92059. Applications accepted Monday-Friday 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM unless office is closed for a Holiday or special event.
Fax a completed Application for Employment and resume to 760-742-8610.
Note: The Application for Employment can be found at www.sctca.net, under the “About SCTCA” link.
SCTCA IS AN “AT-WILL” EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WITH NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
In addition to hourly pay, we offer paid time off, 401(k), rich benefits & much more!