Job title: Delivery Driver/Press Room-Bindery Support
Location: Pala, CA (Tribal Training Print Source)
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Compensation: Minimum of $17/hour DOE (In addition to hourly pay, we offer paid time off, 401(k), rich benefits & much more!)
Status: Full Time/Regular position
The Tribal Training Print Source Driver will be responsible for daily deliveries to multiple locations throughout San Diego and surrounding Counties. This includes picking up and delivering to and from pre-determined locations, keeping accurate records, and performing other transportation tasks as needed. Assist in the Pressroom and Bindery departments as needed. This includes being responsible for cutting, collating, folding, and binding documents of all types under the supervision of the Bindery Manager. Will need to be flexible and be able to adapt to a changing schedule, route and job duties at a moment’s notice.
- Pick up and deliver products to clients and vendors at various locations in San Diego County and Riverside County, including rural areas and reservations.
- Perform various duties in the pressroom and bindery departments as needed. This includes but is not limited to, cutting, collating, folding, and binding documents of all types.
- Provide excellent customer service in a patient, friendly, and helpful manner.
- Maintain accurate records of all trips, vehicle maintenance, mileage, and any incidents that occur.
- Inspect company vehicles for cleanliness, safety, and potential mechanical problems daily, and promptly report any needs or issues to the Production Manager.
- Schedule and take vehicles in for routine service.
- Confident driving in inclement weather and on rural roads in remote areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid California Class C Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Report at time of hire and continued throughout employment.
Knowledge Requirements: Familiarity with Indian reservations in San Diego County helpful. Ability to exercise sensitivity and good judgement in dealing with people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
Experience: Experience driving a commercial van for business purposes, transporting heavy loads to multiple locations. Entry level to intermediate experience with desktop computers (Microsoft Word and Excel).
Physical: Be able to lift and carry 60 pounds regularly.
Conditions of Employment: Minimum 25 years of age, for auto insurance purposes. Candidates are required to successfully complete required background check, and drug screening.
In addition to the essential duties listed above the Delivery Driver/Press Room-Bindery Support is expected to:
- Communicate regularly with supervisor and coworkers about department issues and/or schedule changes. Must possess excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate efficient time management and prioritizes workload daily.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrate tact and a high level of professionalism due to the sensitive and highly confidential nature of the position.
- Demonstrate ability to handle difficult situations with respect and courtesy.
- Be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
About Our Company
The Southern California Tribal Chairmen’s Association (SCTCA) is a multi-service non-profit corporation established in 1972 for a consortium of 25 federally-recognized Indian tribes in Southern California. The primary mission of SCTCA is to serve the health, welfare, safety, education, cultural, economic and employment needs of its tribal members and enrolled Indians in the San Diego County urban areas. A board of directors comprised of tribal chairpersons from each of its member Tribes governs SCTCA.
How to Apply
Preferred method: Apply online at http://sctca.applicantpro.com/
1. Apply in person and submit a completed Application for Employment with a resume to the Human Resources office*, located at 36146 Pala Temecula Rd. Bldg H. Pala, CA 92059. *Office subject to closures.
2. Fax a completed Application for Employment and resume to 760-742-8610.
Note: The Application for Employment can be found at www.sctca.net, under the “About SCTCA” link.
SCTCA IS AN “AT-WILL” EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WITH NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
To be considered under Native American Preference, you must submit verification of Tribal affiliation with your application.