Job title: Network Technician/Tower Climber
Location: Pala, CA
Application Deadline: Open until filled (Early applications encouraged)
Compensation: Minimum of $26/hour. DOE
Benefits: *Paid Holidays *Rich Medical, Dental & Vision *Generous Vacation & Sick *401(k) Match
Status: Full Time/Regular position
This position is responsible for installing, fixing and maintaining the various technologies associated with the Tribal Digital Village Network. The position is non-exempt. In addition, the incumbent should be able to provide customer service to our clients. The incumbent will need to resolve issues and/or problems as they arise with minimal supervision. The standard hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., however some work after hours may be required depending on business needs.
- Perform tower construction activities including assembling/erecting towers, installing antennas, mounting hardware, installing coax and connectors, grounding, testing, positioning and optimizing antennas and lines.
- Install solar panels, mounts, electrical, batteries, building out enclosures and water sealing electronics.
- Installation of network hardware, including but not limited to, switches, routers, media converters, wireless access points, microwave radios and dishes.
- Safely and efficiently complete repairs and upgrades at elevated heights.
- Perform minor construction tasks, including digging holes, weed abatement, clearing brush, mixing and pouring concrete.
- Perform home installations which involves; drilling in walls, installing cable, mounting antenna on roofs and configuring internal electronic equipment.
- Configure internet wireless routers, radios, antenna, switches and managing multiple radio vendor interfaces.
- Install broadband wireless equipment in a variety of situations including; roof top, tower, pole mount, tribal buildings and modular buildings.
- Climb and work on towers for the purpose of installing, replacing or equipment.
- Drive on many different road conditions and to remote areas, both on and off maintained roads.
- Interact with clients ranging from home owner subscribers to Tribal Leaders.
- Perform work in both indoor and outdoor situations and maintain professionalism in both environments.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with planning team and clients.
- Observe strict confidentiality of all program and customer information.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid California Drivers License with driving record acceptable to SCTCA’s insurance. CPR/First Aid Certified. This position requires OSHA Tower Climber Certification, training and testing will be provided (continued employment is contingent on passing this certification).
Knowledge Requirements: Working knowledge of Networking; on the job training or Network+ certified. Must be computer (Mac and PC) and Internet proficient. Prefer knowledge of safety procedures and how to operate tower safety gear; and be willing to learn and retain this knowledge once trained. Verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including writing legibly to prepare neat and accurate records.
Ability Requirements: Ability to safely climb towers up to 100 feet while carrying 70 lbs. Ability to distinguish between the different colors in a cable. Ability to drive in off-road driving conditions in rural areas.
Experience: 1 year networking experience preferred, with office or home LAN’s. Experience working with wireless networks preferred. Experience with network and system efficiency to implement network solutions.
Physical: Requires hiking, climbing (heights of 100ft), digging and other physically demanding tasks. Most work is done at a high elevation. Lifts and moves objects weighing up to 75 pounds. Employee needs to remain under the total body weight of 310 lbs. to stay within the guidelines of our safety equipment. Work is done primarily outdoors and must be able to tolerate changing weather conditions.
Conditions of Employment: Candidates are required to successfully complete required background check and drug screening. Must have own reliable transportation.
In addition to the essential duties listed above the Network Technician/Tower Climber is expected to:
- Demonstrate efficient time management and prioritize workload daily. This person must have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Problem-solve in various situations.
- Consistently produce a high-quality level of work.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform the duties of the position and meet deadlines.
- Learn new information and techniques regularly.
- Be flexible to work some evenings and weekends when the workload requires.
About Our Company
The Southern California Tribal Chairmen’s Association (SCTCA) is a multi-service non-profit corporation established in 1972 for a consortium of 25 federally-recognized Indian tribes in Southern California. The primary mission of SCTCA is to serve the health, welfare, safety, education, cultural, economic and employment needs of its tribal members and enrolled Indians in the San Diego County urban areas. A board of directors comprised of tribal chairpersons from each of its member Tribes governs SCTCA.
How to Apply
Preferred method: Apply online at http://sctca.applicantpro.com/
1. Apply in person and submit a completed Application for Employment with a resume to the Human Resources office*, located at 11475 Nejo Rd. Bldg H. Pala, CA 92059. *Office subject to closures.
2. Fax a completed Application for Employment and resume to 760-742-8610.
Note: The Application for Employment can be found at www.sctca.net, under the “Careers” link.
Next Step in the Process
1. If you are selected to move forward, you will be emailed an online assessment.
2. If you are not selected, you will receive a denial email.
Note: These emails could possibly go to the spam folder, so please check there as well.
SCTCA IS AN “AT-WILL” EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WITH NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
To be considered under Native American Preference, you must submit verification of Tribal affiliation with your application.