Job title: TANF Clerk/Driver
Location: Manzanita, CA
Application Deadline: 6/28/17
Compensation: Minimum of $13/hour. DOE
Status: Full Time/Regular position.
This position works out of the TANF office in Manzanita, under the supervision of the TANF Site Manager. The TANF Clerk/Driver is an important support staff member assisting front line TANF staff. This position performs customer service, clerical duties, such as creating and maintaining files, sorting and delivering mail, database entry and maintenance, and preparation of correspondence. Operates a variety of office equipment, such as computer, fax, copier, calculator, multi-line phone systems and printer. The secondary responsibilities of this position will be to fill in as a Driver when needed.
- Establish and maintain filing system for correspondence, forms, reports, records, Career files, etc.
- Sort and deliver mail.
- Review training calendars, verify work participation hours, and record all information into Live Data on a monthly basis.
- Prepare supplements when applicable, e.g., clothing allowance, parking passes, and school supplies.
- Prepares letters, reports, flyers, forms, etc. from rough drafts.
- Assist in the preparation of all closed files.
- Assist in the preparation of program reports, proposals, etc.
- Assist in collection and review of program participant documentation, e.g. childcare and mileage forms for consistency.
- Assist in the program database maintenance, i.e. data entry, scanning and uploading.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records, produce periodic reports on activities, generate correspondence, and maintain a filing system consistent with generally accepted practices.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, such as copier, computer, printer, fax, calculator, multi-line phone system etc.
- Answer phones, record and distribute messages, greet and direct staff and visitors with courtesy and appropriateness.
- Drive company vehicle for the purpose of delivering mail, packages, TANF participants, or other services.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all facts of programs and client records.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by Site Manager.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: High School Diploma or GED. AA degree preferred.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid California Driver’s License with driving record acceptable to SCTCA’s insurance.
Knowledge Requirements: Knowledge and experience with general office systems, equipment, and procedures. Good oral and written communication skills. Computer literate with ability to operate a PC and MS Office software programs, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Publisher. Requires minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute. Must enjoy working independently and have a strong attention to detail. Able to develop and maintain a relationship of trust, confidence, and good rapport with staff, administration, and program participants. Knowledge of Indian history, culture and politics a plus. Proven ability to work with people from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Experience: One year of file and records management and administrative experience.
Physical: Typically requires sitting for extended periods of time. Lifts and moves objects on occasion weighing up to 25 pounds. Primarily an indoor office environment.
Conditions of Employment: Candidates are required to successfully complete required background check and drug screening.
In addition to the essential duties listed above the TANF Clerk/Driver is expected to:
- Communicate regularly with supervisor about department issues. Must possess excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate efficient time management and prioritizes workload daily.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service.
- Exhibit attention to detail in work productivity.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrate tact and a high level of professionalism due to the sensitive and highly confidential nature of the position.
About Our Company
The Southern California Tribal Chairmen’s Association (SCTCA) is a multi-service non-profit corporation established in 1972 for a consortium of 19 federally-recognized Indian tribes in Southern California. The primary mission of SCTCA is to serve the health, welfare, safety, education, cultural, economic and employment needs of its tribal members and enrolled Indians in the San Diego County urban areas. A board of directors comprised of tribal chairpersons from each of its member Tribes governs SCTCA.
How to Apply
Apply online at http://sctca.applicantpro.com/
Fax a completed Application for Employment and resume to 760-742-8610.
Apply in person and submit a completed Application for Employment with a resume to the Human Resources office, located at 36146 Pala Temecula Rd. Bldg H. Pala, CA 92059. Applications accepted Monday-Friday 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM unless office is closed for a Holiday or special event.
Note: The Application for Employment can be found at www.sctca.net, under the “About SCTCA” link.
To be considered under Native American Preference, you must submit verification of Tribal affiliation with your application.
Once you have submitted your application…
A member of our human resources team and the hiring manager will review resumes. You will be contacted through email if your experience, skills, education, and background best match the requirements for the opportunity. The email will invite you to take an assessment for the position which you must complete in order to move forward in the process.
SCTCA IS AN “AT-WILL” EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WITH NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE