The primary purpose of this position is to manage updating of vendor rate data across pertinent databases and to provide vendor rate information to Logistics and cross-functional USF teams based on database content.
1. Primary liaison between Replenishment, Divisions, and National Account Sales in the maintenance and analysis of freight rates in purchasing system.
2. Respond to and resolve requests from regional and divisional management related to vendor freight revenue tariffs and other support related activities with regional teams.
3. Work on all freight rate and vendor setup for induction, maintenance, validation and correction within the freight rate maintenance database and also the legacy purchasing systems.
4. Manage the development and maintenance of the logistics databases within the transportation management applications including creation and maintenance of vendor entities and vendor freight revenue tariff structure.
5. Work with vendors to secure freight rate updates on in a consistent format and at regular intervals. Execute freight rate maintenance in purchasing systems. Updating purchase orders and pricing processes for freight to ensure compliance with USF freight pricing guidelines.
6. Perform rate updates in relevant databases when appropriate, ensure proper documentation due diligence is completed per USF policy/procedures, review current freight information for newly managed loads ensuring the data is accurate and current
7. Prepare, analyze, and distribute reports and communicate vendor freight rate maintenance activities within Logistics to management
8. Daily communication with operating divisions to facilitate issue resolution on freight rates that are uploaded into the purchasing system.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
**Education/Training** : Bachelors degree in logistics, business, statistics or other relevant area required
**Related Experience** : 2-4 years of progressive logistics, purchasing, accounting or logistics analysis experience.
**Knowledge/Skills/Abilities** : Must possess advanced proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint), possess a strong attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills, demonstrate a keen attention to detail, and be able to communicate across cross-functional teams. Preferred experience in fast paced environment working on purchasing and transportation systems.
**Primary Location:** Rosemont-IL
**Schedule:** Full-time **Shift:** Day Job
**Job Function:** Logistics
**Job Level:** Individual Contributor
About US Foods
Why US Foods? As one of America’s top 10 largest private companies, we offer talented professionals outstanding opportunities for personal and professional development. We maintain a strong focus on growth in a high-performance environment. That means your work will be challenging and rewarding. We conduct business in a highly ethical manner and maintain an unwavering commitment to operational excellence, safety, and environmental responsibility. As important, we encourage collaboration and value each member of our diverse and talented team.