The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing all activities and people associated with complex projects across the Shared Business Services organization. This position will lead the matrixed project team through all the phases of the Project Management Life Cycle to include the business case, design, build, deploy and stabilize phases. Ultimately responsible for project delivery that is within scope, schedule, and budget. This position will be pivotal in installing a continuous improvement culture.
+ Coach and develop problem solvers
– Leads lean methodology and builds operational plan to move transformation.
– Develop and deploy continuous improvement training and learning plans.
– Coordinate and facilitate improvement workshops (Lean Six Sigma).
– Designs and deploys change management practices.
+ Improve performance management
– Assist in improving the performance management skills of our people leaders
– Monitor the creation of all project deliverables to ensure adherence to quality standards including design documents, test plans, training materials, and operations documentation.
– Develop and track key performance indicators and operational dashboards.
+ Improve project management
– Resolve issues, proactively evaluate project activities, build contingency plans, execute corrective actions when necessary and implement risk response plans to manage risk.
– Manage the full project life cycle including requirements gathering, creation of project plans and schedules, obtaining and managing resources, managing budget, and facilitating project execution, deployment, and closure.
– Effectively communicate project status to all stakeholders.
+ Innovate through automation
– Experience with robotics process automation.
– Where appropriate, leverage technology to create value.
+ Improve employee satisfaction
– Model the US Foods cultural beliefs.
– Lead and support initiatives to improve employee engagement.
+ Improve customer and vendor satisfaction
– Develop and manage service level agreement (SLA) metric to targets.
– Develop and deploy governance plans to support the SLA objectives.
– Collaborate with functional stakeholders to encourage win-win outcomes.
**# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
***Education/Training:*** Four-year college degree in business or related field. Master of Business Administration a plus.
+ 10 years Project Management experience.
+ Experience leading diverse project teams in matrix environments.
+ Proficient with project management tools, MS-Project and/or other project management software, and MS-Office applications.
+ Proficient in Continuous Improvement tools and techniques (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma).
+ Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
+ Results Oriented
+ Strategic Thinking
+ Change Management
+ Situational Leadership
+ Business Acumen
+ Presentation and Facilitation
+ Time Management
+ Problem Solving
**Primary Location:** Tempe-AZ
**Schedule:** Full-time **Shift:** Day Job
**Job Function:** Operations Management
**Job Level:** Individual Contributor
**Travel:** Yes, 50 % of the Time
About US Foods
Why US Foods? As one of America’s top 10 largest private companies, we offer talented professionals outstanding opportunities for personal and professional development. We maintain a strong focus on growth in a high-performance environment. That means your work will be challenging and rewarding. We conduct business in a highly ethical manner and maintain an unwavering commitment to operational excellence, safety, and environmental responsibility. As important, we encourage collaboration and value each member of our diverse and talented team.