**Job Id** E1958801
**Job Title** Sr Software/Firmware Architect
**Post Date** 09/14/2017
**Company-Division** Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc.
Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc.
**Job Area** Engineering – Software
**Location** California – San Jose
North Carolina – Raleigh
Texas – Austin
**Job Overview** Be part of a pathfinding & prototyping team focused on development of exciting new HW/FW/SW products for the datacenter including novel processor, memory, and I/O architectures, as well as machine learning and other accelerators and the software that enables them. Work closely with product management, HW architects, HW design team members and SW & tools teams. Help identify external & internal product requirements. Architect and prototype SW systems to meet product requirements. Develop tools/techniques to enable rapid HW development & prototyping.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
**Minimum Qualifications** 7+ years are required in the following areas:
– C/C+- System software development for the Linux environment including device driver and memory management.
– Experience developing in a heterogeneous execution environments such as CUDA for a GPU or equivalent for DSP or other accelerators
– Understanding of HW architecture concepts such as NOCs, processors, DMA engines, etc.
**Preferred Qualifications** – Ability to thrive in an environment where products and tasks are not yet fully defined.
– GPU/DSP device driver development experience strongly preferred
– Experience in the development of heterogeneous execution environment SW stacks for GPUs or DSP’s is even better.
– Experience with virtualization and security including
– Experience with PCIe driver development and SR-IOV is desired.
– Experience in development of performance-tuned compute libraries for targets like GPGPU, DSP, and other HW accelerators is a plus.
– Proficiency in Python
– Experience developing open source software
– Experience with Open Source Deep Learning Frameworks such as TensorFlow and Caffe/Caffe2
– Familiarity with linker & loader, particularly for embedded environments.
– Familiarity with FPGAs is a plus.
**Education Requirements** Bachelors, or masters in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering. Masters or PhD preferred.
**EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.**
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.