**Job Id** E1952932
**Job Title** Sr. Wireless Modem Embedded Software Engineer
**Post Date** 01/11/2018
**Company-Division** Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
CDMA Technology at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
**Job Area** Engineering – Software
**Location** New Jersey – Bridgewater
**Job Overview** Qualcomm is a world leader in 3G and 4G Small-Cell technology and our PHY software team is actively seeking new members. (See https://www.qualcomm.com/invention/technologies/1000x/small-cells for more information)
This position involves the of embedded CPU software and DSP firmware in C on proprietary Tensilica-based platforms for Qualcomms Small-Cell product line. Successful candidates will participate in the design, implementation, integration, and verification of both 4G LTE and 5G NR wireless modem technologies.
We are looking for someone with 5+ years experience that can contribute to detailed software design and implementation, drive forward-looking software architectures, and lead the efforts of others in enabling and deploying new features and capabilities. This is an opportunity to work with leading-edge technology in mission critical software deployed via tier-1 mobile communications equipment providers to mobile operators throughout the world.
Candidates are primarily responsible for the design and implementation of communication algorithms in real-time, embedded C. You will also work closely with Communication System Engineers and Modem ASIC Designers to implement, optimize and influence the current and long term design of our Small-Cell modems.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
**Minimum Qualifications** 10 or more years of SW /engineering including:
– Real-time embedded C programming and/or C programming
– Communication systems, communication theory, digital signal (DSP)
– Physical layer software experience
– Low level implementation of algorithms on an embedded processor
– Microcontroller programming for control of hardware devices
– Familiarity with programming in resource constrained environments (MIPS, Memory)
**Preferred Qualifications** – 3GPP(3G/4G) Physical layer software
– Multi-core CPU/DSP programming environments
– Tensilica experience is a plus
– FSM99xx or FSM90xx SW experience
– Ability to work well in a team environment working on multiple projects with challenging deadlines across multiple geographies
**Education Requirements** B.S in Electrical Engineering, Computer , or Computer Engineering required, M.S preferred
**EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.**
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.