Staff Full Stack Engineer
California – San Diego
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in.
We are a globally distributed team with in Qualcomm that handles all things data and analytics assisting in hardware and software design of our products.
The successful candidate will:
* Partner with stakeholders of projects and develop solutions
* Collaborate with global teams in software development and delivery
* Provide technical leadership in designing and implementing large scale analytical applications
* Establish best practices and improve upon those continuously
* Plan and execute on monthly sprint and release cycles
* Develop (hands-on) and deliver software solutions
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
Bachelors degree and 5+ years experience in programming, scripting, and/or automation or IT-relevant work experience OR 7+ years experience in programming, scripting, and/or automation or IT-relevant work experience without a bachelors degree.
2+ years experience with more than one operating system (e.g., Linux, OSX, Windows).
3+ years experience with Database Design structures such as Mongo DB, MySQL.
* 10+ years of experience in software development working across various technologies.
* Hands on individual with proven track record of developing teams and delivering high quality software in a fast-paced environment.
* Effective communicator with experience collaborating with geographically distributed teams.
* Expertise in Java and Python and thorough understanding of best practices
* Experience using Springboot, Flask/Django for developing applications/APIs at scale.
* Experience using RabbitMQ for systems integration and async data exchange
* Expertise in MongoDB and MySQL/Postgres/Oracle
* Expertise in developing web applications Angular4+/React
* Hands-on experience with Hadoop and PySpark (Preferably MapR)
* Working knowledge of AWS or GCP
* Experience using Linux at a power user level
* Experience with Agile software development
* Experience working in a distributed team
* Experience handling multiple projects in parallel* Experience designing complex analytical web applications
* Knowledge of semi-conductor domain
* Proficiency with Jenkins and Ansible
* Experience with elasticsearch
Masters in Computer Science/Electrical/Software Engineering or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Electrical/Software Engineering with equivalent experience.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.