Systems Engineering Careers @ Qualcomm
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
Engineering – Systems
California – San Diego
Over 30 years of our mobile invention has led to the Invention Age. The foundational technology and intelligence we put into 3G and 4G is bringing us 5G, connected cars, and a true Internet of Things. But more than that, our history of invention is kick-starting a new age of possibility.
We are looking for talented engineers to join us our team
Qualcomm CDMA Technologies (QCT) is a global leader in Multimedia integrated circuits (ICs), software, and systems for wireless consumer devices including smartphones, IoT devices, and automotive platforms. In continuing our long tradition of technology leadership and innovation, we are looking for engineers who are interested in working on exciting new technology in the following areas:
Areas of Work/Experience:
– MAC layer
– Knowledge of WWAN standards (LTE, TD-SCDMA, WCDMA, HSPA) and WLAN/WPAN standards (e.g. 802.11bgn, Bluetooth, UWB) highly desired.
– Knowledge of Internet protocols: in particular, SIP, TCP/ IP, IP mobility management, security and QoS mechanisms
– Knowledge of network architecture standards (e.g., FMC, IMS) a plus.
– PHY layer focus
– Theoretical grounding in digital communications, networks, probability and random processes.
– DSP Firmware.
The two primary skill sets required for this position are real world experience in real-time embedded C along with a strong background in communication theory and digital signal processing (DSP), and the ability to work well in a team environment working on multiple projects with challenging deadlines.
– Programming experience required; knowledge of C, C++, Matlab, Opnet, NS2 a plus.
– Experience with hardware, software, firmware or RF development desirable.
– Typical assignment would be to design the systems aspects of a complex feature, then work closely with digital hardware, software, firmware and RF teams to implement and verify the feature.
– Systems activities include theoretical analysis, computer aided analysis, regular active participation in design and review sessions, contribution to Qualcomm’s IP portfolio and systems support for implementation related activities.
– Candidates will work in an exciting team environment with some of the brightest systems engineers in the industry and will have frequent interaction with other engineering disciplines. Senior candidates may lead a team of multiple systems engineers or a multi-disciplinary project.
Required: Master’s, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Doctorate, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.