**Job Id** T1957913
**Job Title** Systems Engineering Internships @ Qualcomm (Summer 2018)
**Company-Division** Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
CDMA Technology at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
Corporate Research & Development at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/research
**Job Area** Engineering – Systems
**Location** California – San Diego
California – San Jose
California – Santa Clara
Colorado – Boulder
**Overview** Headquartered in San Diego, Qualcomm develops, manufactures, markets, licenses, and operates advanced 4G/5G communications systems and products based on its proprietary digital wireless technologies. To ensure that the entire wireless industry is inspired and continues to evolve, innovate and experience success, Qualcomm develops its technologies and solutions for the purpose of enabling key participants in the wireless value chain.
As a Qualcomm systems engineering intern with an advanced degree in electrical or computer engineering, you will work on CDMA ASICs (Application Specific Integrated Circuits) and architect, analyze and simulate cutting-edge, next-generation wireless networks. You will also characterize and improve the performance of networks for voice, packet data, video telephony and video streaming services while identifying functionality for which minimum performance requirements should exist. You may also generate and consolidate performance requirements data and conduct analysis and evaluation of critical performance metrics for 4G and 3G wireless platforms.
– Wireless Modem ASIC Systems
– Physical Layer Systems Design
– Audio/Video/Graphics Multimedia
– MAC Layer Systems Design
– Digital Signal Processing
– OFDM Development
– Knowledge of radio communication theory and digital signal processing as well solid background in cellular communication systems across layers.
– Knowledge and/or experience in MIMO, OFDM, CDMA.
– Ability to program effectively in C/C++, Perl and Matlab.
– Experience with wireless standards (GSM, WCDMA, IS-95, IS-2000, 1xEVDO, Bluetooth, WLAN, etc.)
• Full relocation services (travel, shipping)
• Housing (Pre-selected, fully furnished, shared 2-bedroom luxury apartment, including utilities & maid service)
• Transportation Allowance (if applicable)
• Great Pay
• Intern Program Experience (Local trips, Executive Speaker Series, networking, professional development, tech talks, mentorship, surf lessons)
**Education Requirements** In study towards a Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering. Must be available for at least 3 months. (May-Sept 2018)
Coursework or project experience in communication theory, signal processing, error correcting codes, information theory, probability and random processes, digital communications, DSP.
**EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.**
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.