Remote opportunity available for residents of: CA, CT, NY, and OR
Apply for this role and see other openings on our Careers page.
Who We Are:
The Shift Network is a global educational media company with a diverse and inclusive culture offering exceptional, transformative training and certification programs featuring the world’s brightest and wisest luminaries. We uplift people across the world with inspirational mobile content and international online events that inform and empower. We’ve helped millions of people worldwide to grow, transform their own lives and positively impact the world around them. And we’re poised to expand our reach like never before!
We are looking for a Staff Accountant who will focus on accounts payable, monthly closing and reporting responsibilities as well as process enhancements and improvements in assigned areas and be a key member of the Finance team. In this role you will participate in the month-end close process, ensuring compliance with all internal controls, as well as ad hoc reporting and special projects. You will report to and work closely with the Director of Finance and others in the organization in analysis and reconciliation of accounts.
Responsibilities and Desired Skills:
- Responsible for daily bookkeeping and vendor invoice processing
- Ensures faculty and vendors are paid in a timely manner and within company policy
- Plays a significant role in the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes, including account balance reconciliations, and any required account analyses
- Ensures appropriate internal controls are documented, in place, and working as defined; identifies potential areas of improvement
- Reviews and reconciles assigned areas within the balance sheet accounts
- Assists with the finalization of monthly financial results to the management team
- Participates in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures, including documentation thereof
- Supports external audit process and requirements to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Prepares detailed journal entries; ensures appropriate documentation for review and controls purposes
- Assists with maintenance of general ledger and other special projects
Qualifications and Characteristics Desired:
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA a plus
- Clear written and communication skills
- Highly collaborative: ability to interact with internal team and external business partners effectively and diplomatically.
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis in MS Excel including V-lookups, filtering, and pivot tables. Quickbooks and Bill.com experience a plus, but not required
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and general ledger functionality
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment, and continuously evolve to meet changing business needs
- Quick learner and problem solver when faced with new issues or challenges
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
The Shift Network is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.