The Suquamish Tribe is seeking a Housing Program Manager with the Department of Community Development. The Housing Program Manager will assist the housing staff to provide housing assistance to the Suquamish Tribal Membership in the form of coordination of projects, implementing new housing programs and implementation of annual NAHASDA plans as well as reporting requirements.
· Submit annual and five year NAHASDA plans, ensure completion of goals within plan as well as required reporting procedures.
· Research and implement new housing programs such as down payment assistance, rental assistance for low income and higher income tribal members.
· Update and refine current housing policies and procedures for the Suquamish Tribal Housing Program.
· Coordinate rehabilitation of existing housing units as well as new units.
· Assist in the tracking of housing applications and tenant account reports.
· Must be available to answer questions concerns or suggestions from persons living in tribal housing or waiting on the housing list.
· Assist in the management of housing operation and project based budgets.
· At least five years experience in low income and/or tribal housing program management. B.A. in related field desired.
· Understanding of federal laws that regulate tribal housing (NAHASDA).
· Computer literacy in the areas of word processing, data base compilation, project management, spreadsheets and power point presentations.
State/Tribal/Federal Background check required
Pre-Employment drug testing required
Valid WA State Drivers License required
Native American preference
Salary D.O.E., plus benefits package. You may apply at www.suquamish.nsn.us. To request a job description, call the Suquamish Tribe Job Line at (360) 394-8414 or e-mail email@example.com OPEN UNTIL FILLED