Job Announcement – Tax Site Manager
United Way of King County works to build a community where all people have homes, students graduate, and families are financially stable. Our culture fosters collaboration, teamwork, open communication, leadership, integrity, and accountability.
With our unwavering focus on racial justice for all, we hope to achieve racially equitable outcomes in King County and beyond. We believe that having staff, volunteers, and supportive community members who represent diverse backgrounds and circumstances will help us more effectively accomplish our mission. We aim to a create a welcoming and inclusive work environment, and we also strive to have a diverse staff and particularly encourage Black and Indigenous people, and people of color to apply and join our team.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
United Way of King County is hiring several Tax Site Managers! We are recruiting for as many as 20 Tax Site Manager position to provide support during the upcoming tax season.
United Way of King County’s Free Tax Campaign is committed to helping low to moderate income families connect to life changing anti-poverty programs, especially now that our program is gearing up to respond to the increased economic instability due to COVID-19. In 2020, during the wake of COVID-19, we transformed the Free Tax Preparation Campaign into a 100% virtual program. In 2021, we learned that even with the most robust barrier reduction protocols used for limited in-person services and access to our free virtual tax help, thousands of clients were left behind or were forced to use high-fee services. The 2021-2022 Tax Season is slated to be one in which we set the tone with the highest levels of integrity, excellence, and intention to reach every single person who qualifies for our services.
As a Tax Service Manager for the Free Tax Preparation Campaign, you will provide coordination, organization, and supervision for tax preparation from overseeing team assignments, providing guidance and mentorship during designated shifts, answering tax law questions, supporting volunteers, troubleshooting issues and elevate challenges. The role may also include scheduling client appointments, answering tax law, and providing overarching customer service to prospective clients. In this role we are seeking someone with strong customer service experience with low-income clients, high degrees of flexibility and adaptability, the ability to ensure quality in the tax returns filed, and ability to manage the volunteers in dynamic environments.
The compensation for the role is $26 per hour. This posting will remain open until all the positions are filled.
This position is a time-limited position that will mainly be active from January 03, 2022 – April 18, 2022. Note that training for this role will start as soon as November 2021, and tax deadline extensions could result in a small number of Tax Site Managers working as long as October 31, 2022.
* Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role [verification record will be requested during the onboarding process].
- Oversees preparation of tax returns and confirms all returns are correct.
- Drives team motivation to positively impact weekly goals.
- Provides exceptional support to volunteers, managing and answering any questions they may have.
- Provides excellent customer service using a proprietary case management ticketing tool, resolving issues and making sure clients receive all the services for which they are eligible.
- Transmits tax returns to IRS Service Center and follows up on all rejected returns.
- Participates in tax preparation and quality review training sessions.
- Troubleshoots issues such as case management ticketing problems for clients and volunteers, and escalates unresolved issues as needed to reach an appropriate resolution.
- Provides scheduling and customer service support for clients signing up for tax preparation appointments.
- Submits weekly reports and communicates regularly with Tax Campaign staff during tax season.
DISCLAIMER: This job position performs other assignments and performs other duties as assigned. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of King County.
- Demonstrated strong proficiency with technology including coaching others to use technology effectively and troubleshooting technical problems.
- Proven exceptional customer service skills serving diverse communities.
- Demonstrated volunteer management experience with an emphasis on serving with a large number of volunteers.
- Proven strong interpersonal, relationship-building and strong leadership skills; has a results-oriented approach with a winning attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate a team to achieve weekly goals; ability to stay calm during high-stress times, and able to work well in a fast-paced remote work environment.
- Proven high degree of flexibility and adaptability.
- Proven Strong communication skills using MS Teams, Slack, cellular text and voice calls.
- Demonstrated strong willingness to understand and learn various service delivery models.
- Proven understanding of barriers that low-income communities face.
- Proven ability to use TaxSlayer or relevant tax preparation software.
- Ability to speak a second language (Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Russian or and East African language such as Amharic) helpful.
- Demonstrated experience with handling individual tax returns. Prior experience in tax law is helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive client information.
- Ability to be flexible with work shifts including possible weekend work.
- Willingness to receive further tax training and be VITA tax law certified.
Education and Experience:
High school degree required. Experience in free tax preparation support is helpful (training will be provided). Having strong understanding of tax law is a plus. Experience in community engagement, organizing programs, and volunteer management required.
UWKC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. United Way of King County values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, and people of color to apply.
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
- Opportunities to work with smart, passionate, and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
- Ongoing collaboration with diverse staff and other constituents
- A desirable culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
- Exciting and challenging work
- Opportunities to help solve the community’s toughest problems
- Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
- Many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
Please apply online via the following link. You will be asked to upload your resume and provide a cover letter as well as complete the UWKC application.
***Applicants MUST apply at the UWKC Career Center to be considered for this position.***
Protecting the health and safety of our communities is a top priority. Due to the circumstances surrounding the pandemic, all interviews will be conducted remotely for the time being. We will provide candidates who are selected for interviews with all the required instructions for the interview process.
United Way of King County values workplace flexibility. Our office is currently closed, and staff are working remotely until February 22, 2022. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation as well as the overall health of our community and we may adjust the office opening date as needed. When our office does reopen, we will offer a hybrid approach combining in-office work and remote work for our staff.
Please note that proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role.