All applications must be submitted here, https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/532816/active-transportation-coordinator
Transportation Services is recruiting for an Active Transportation Coordinator. This position will assist in developing pedestrian, bicycle, transit, e-scooter and similar micro mobility programming for the University of Oregon campus. Working closely with the UO Transportation Planner, the Active Transportation Coordinator will plan and coordinate services and events, complete data collection and reporting, maintain program files and records, and develop and encourage practices that support active transportation. The primary goal of this position is to enhance opportunities for UO students, faculty, and staff to improve their mental, physical, and environmental well-being by reducing dependency on single occupancy vehicles.
What you’ll get to do:
- Engage at new employee and new student orientation.
- Lead development of strategies and techniques for changing transportation behaviors.
- Build community connections and partnerships.
- Review campus maps and planning documents.
- Track and report usage of bicycle and pedestrian facilities through mechanical counts, surveys, interviews.
- Communicate with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Research, recommend, and implement programs to achieve active transportation goals.
Who you are:
- Excellent Communicator: A strong communicator to technical and non-technical individuals who is proficient verbally and in writing.
- Emotionally Intelligent: A motivated, passionate, team-oriented, and empathetic individual.
- Data Driven: A strategic decision maker who enjoys collecting and analyzing data.
- Community Partner: A collaborator when developing & implementing programs to meet community needs.
- An Equity-focused Individual: A person who enjoys working with diverse individuals and contributes towards creating and maintaining an inclusive, respectful, and culturally responsive environment.