Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Information Technology, Computer and Information Science
Department: Information Services
Classification: Analyst Programmer
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $74,484 – $118,128 per year
Information Services is looking for an ERP domain expert to join our expanding team. Successful candidates will be leading complex projects related to the Enterprise Resource Planning system, research and lead implementation of complex software development and architecture solutions, assist in prioritization of work from diverse stakeholders, and be able to troubleshoot complex technology.
Review of Applications Begins
November 6, 2023; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
In addition to your online application, please submit a resume and a cover letter describing your experience with Banner or other ERP architecture, modification, support, and maintenance along with your experience with Oracle database architecture.
All applications must be submitted here, https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/532815/analyst-programmer
Information Services (IS) is the central information technology unit at the University of Oregon and provides wide ranging services to campus. Information Services consists of four major functional areas: Customer Experience, which serves as the key contact point for interactions with campus clients and customers; Applications & Middleware, which manages and supports applications, integration services, identity management and data management; Information Security, which helps protect virtual or physical information; and Technology Infrastructure, which provides administration and support for the software, hardware, and services needed to support the campus IT environment. Information Services also includes the Advanced Network Technology Center. IS works closely with the Network for Education and Research in Oregon.
Established in 1876, the University of Oregon offers a breadth and depth of curricula with more than 270 academic programs and provides the opportunity to work at a respected research university with a strong holistic, liberal arts foundation. The UO also has a history of political and social involvement that embraces diverse beliefs, cultures, and values, and it is committed to environmental responsibility.
Eugene is the home of the University of Oregon. Located in the lush Willamette Valley, Eugene is well-known for outdoor pursuits like running, cycling, rafting, and fishing, as well as arts, music, crafts, brewing, wine-making, and community-supported agriculture. With branches in Portland and on the Oregon coast, the UO is deeply connected to Oregon’s natural and cultural treasures.
This position will primarily support the Enterprise Resource and Planning (ERP) software development environment and Integrations, which at this time is Ellucian’s Banner ERP with primarily Oracle development. The purpose of this position is to design, develop, implement, document, maintain, and support application programming for new/existing applications and integration processes. Work to coordinate testing of solutions and anticipate, troubleshoot, and resolve problems. This position will also perform cross-functional systems and impact analysis, create policies/procedures, functional and technical requirements, perform vendor research and outreach.
Uses broad knowledge of technologies, best business practices and local constraints to work regularly with the following: campus-wide departmental management either directly or as part of a team consisting of vendors, external organizations, peer institutions, application service managers, system administrators, database administrators, networking staff, analyst programmers, project managers, business analysts, and end users.
This position will serve as a technical resource for enterprise-level complex systems, the integrity of the underlying data, and continuous improvement of associated application programming methods, techniques, and practices.
• This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor’s degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.
Systems Analysis and Development
• Knowledge of campus-defined systems, applications, and standards
• Ability to troubleshoot and identify software/system problems
• Knowledge of software development concepts;
• General knowledge of network connectivity, integration, configuration, and protocols
• Knowledge of software system integration concepts
• Knowledge of client/server, database, and web-based technologies
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and communicate technology systems and solutions
• Ability to perform systems and applications needs analysis, prepare requests for proposals, and conduct feasibility studies
• Ability to research and evaluate the functionality of vendor software to meet user needs, assess vendor proposals, and serve as a technical/vendor liaison
• Ability to define and set up an effective testing environment and plan.
Software Development (Programming Support)
• Ability to develop software in an industry standard programming language and technology stack
• Ability to troubleshoot, debug, test and analyze software failures
• Ability to use appropriate development and productivity tools to improve efficiency in the development of software solutions
• Ability to develop software solution implementation plans, install software, and apply upgrades
• Understanding of technical and vendor documentation and ability to maintain internal documentation
• Experience with ITIL or ITSM
• Experience within a Linux and/or Windows based development environment
• Experience with web application development and open source content management systems such as Drupal, WordPress, etc..
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or a demonstrated equivalent amount of skills and experience Experience developing in a relational database environment
• Experience with software development version control tools and practices (I.e. Git)
• Experience working with end-users to define functional requirements and formulate appropriate solutions
• Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, or MS SQLServer
• Proven ability to debug and/or troubleshoot application and program problems
• Experience with software system usability and accessibility
• At least 3 years of experience in software development
FLSA Exempt: Yes