Job no: 530724
Work type: Classified Staff
Location: Eugene, OR, Other-Site
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Other
Department: Finance and Administration Shared Services
Classification: Program Representative 1
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $20.62 – $31.40 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
Position closes December 5, 2022
Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a complete application including an online application, a cover letter, and resume that address how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
The Finance and Administration Shared Services Department (FASS) is located within the Finance and Administration portfolio. Finance and Administration is a vibrant and varied portfolio serving all aspects of campus life. Finance and Administration employees perform a wide range of functions including offering essential support to the Universities many departments, providing key resources to employees, and keeping campus safe. FASS provides department level administrative services to groups across the University in three areas: Business Operations, Human Resources and Information Technology.
The mission of the Finance and Administration Shared Service team is to provide professional and timely service, offering our expertise in a wide variety of functions. FASS is committed to providing superior customer service and creating partnerships with clients to ensure their needs are fulfilled to the highest standard.
The FASS unit provides administrative services for 20+ departments across several portfolios including:
• Campus Planning and Facilities Management
• Safety and Risk Services
• Campus Services
• University Human Resources
• Information Services
• Purchasing and Contracting Services
• The Office of General Counsel
• The Office of the President
The units supported by FASS constitute multiple large business enterprises consisting of more than 900 employees and a total operating budget in excess of $80 million.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Finance and Administration Shared Services, this position will serve as a Program Representative for all FASS (Finance and Administration Shared Services) units including: IT, HR (Human Resources), and Business Operations. This position is the main point of contact for all incoming service requests and will focus its efforts on three core functions including: special projects, program monitoring and program administration. Maintaining and analyzing data and data processes to meet ongoing information lifecycle needs is another important aspect of this position.
As the primary contact for all incoming service issues, this position will be responsible for making decisions involving program policy application, requestor eligibility, plus disseminating information for a diverse business partner (customer) base each having complex and technical requirements unique to their area. The knowledge required and impact of these decisions are sophisticated and include those related to life/safety and business critical operations, and require effective analysis, problem solving, and interpretation against a variety of program regulations; including internal policies, university policies, specific unit polices, and more. Being able to apply troubleshooting methodology effectively and work independently to address obscure problems is necessary. This position will determine program (service) eligibility and provide referrals if applicable in potentially urgent situations. This position makes decisions under the strategic direction of the AVP of FASS and Program Representative 2.
Program representation of the FASS department includes regular communication with business partners and external constituents using a range of methods; from face to face to email and over the phone.
Having a strong aptitude for advising and/or instructing program participants is essential as well understanding the obscure and in depth nature of the service we provide. This includes competency in addressing issues through multiple avenues including the FASS Catalog of Services and workflows which span across the breadth of the program; from finance to HR; IT to procurement and accounts payable.
The Program Representative 1 will work with internal and external resources such as subject matter experts, data and business analysts, and members of FASS and client leadership teams. They will foster positive relationships with stakeholders and colleagues and collaborate with staff and stakeholders to identify and resolve challenges that arise during project management. This position will interact with external departments and the community based on current projects and research. A performance review will be conducted annually.
This unit may provide essential services during times of emergencies and inclement weather. This position may be required to fulfill essential services and functions during these times.
• Two years of technical or professional-level experience advising and/or instructing the public
concerning specific programs or processes, monitoring programs, or performing participant reviews
• Ability to perform duties in a way that advances and supports the mission of the department and university.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment and create effective relationships for problem solving and positive interactions.
• Take initiative, looking for what needs to be done and doing it.
• Pay close attention to detail.
• Share knowledge with peers and customers through web portals and other electronic means.
• Maintain a safe and safety-conscious workplace.
• Maintain a respectful workplace and model a positive and proactive attitude.
• Model the highest ethical standards.
• Provide superior customer service leading to high levels of customer satisfaction
• Maintain composure during stressful situations.
• Model effective organizational skills.
• Exhibit strong communication skills including written and presentation.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
• One year experience as a representative in a Customer Service, Service Desk or Help Desk role.
• One year experience serving in a diagnostic triage role for service requests.
• Experience authoring technical material.
• Experience with human resources, information technology, and/or procurement.
• Experience with work ticketing systems.
• Experience in a university or public service agency.
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.