Directs and oversees the overall operations and site management of the Distribution Centers (DCs). Negotiates and administers collective bargaining agreements. Implements and ensures that procedures are followed to provide a safe, efficient, service-oriented, and profitable department.
99. Site leadership: Given that the VP Operations is now the most senior position in market Distribution Centers, they have responsibility for overall site management for standalone locations (at Area hub, more supply chain focused responsibilities). Hard line reporting to RVP Operations and dotted line reporting into Area President shared with multiple other facilities (1-3 DCs per Area).
99. Planning and Directing:Establish long-term operations objectives that are aligned with business goals. Develop and execute strategic plan for the operations department. Integrate the separate activities of shipping, receiving, transportation, purchasing and sales by discussing with each function accountabilities and interdependence in achieving company goals. Participate in the establishment of overall Distribution Center business goals.
99. Profitable Operations:Plan, organize, direct, and control the course of operations by integrating and coordinating operations functions and processes with business goals. Maintain profitable operations by controlling inventory, losses, accidents and safety, etc. Seek synergies and best practices to develop and implement new methods to improve productivity or improve customer service.
99. Safety and Compliance:Guide operations management in compliance with government and other regulatory agency guidelines and laws and Company programs. Implement programs to ensure overall safety, security, maintenance and ergonomics for the operations functions.
99. Personnel and Company Policy:Delegate responsibility to managers to accomplish productivity goals. Enforce Distribution Center/company policies on safety and employee discipline by following guidelines, communicate changes to the workforce and oversee work and performance of day warehouse associates. Create performance improvement plans, administer discipline, and identify training opportunities when appropriate.
99. Networking:Participate in the Operations knowledge center, industry organizations, and other networking opportunities to bring in know how and share best practices with other interested parties.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training **:** 4-year degree preferred (or High School Diploma (or GED) and equivalent experience)
Related Experience **:** 10 years operations experience, various job functions in distribution management, minimum of 5 years of management experience
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities **:** D.O.T. regulations, Labor Relations, Selecting/interviewing/recruiting, Customer Service, budgeting and cost control, knowledge of OSHA, HAACP and other regulations, PC skills
**Primary Location:** Seabrook-NH
**Schedule:** Full-time **Shift:** Day Job
**Job Function:** Operations Supervisor/Managment
**Job Level:** Executive
About US Foods
Why US Foods? As one of America’s top 10 largest private companies, we offer talented professionals outstanding opportunities for personal and professional development. We maintain a strong focus on growth in a high-performance environment. That means your work will be challenging and rewarding. We conduct business in a highly ethical manner and maintain an unwavering commitment to operational excellence, safety, and environmental responsibility. As important, we encourage collaboration and value each member of our diverse and talented team.