**Job Id** E1956136
**Job Title** Wi-Fi ASIC Design Engineer
**Post Date** 11/06/2017
**Company-Division** Qualcomm Atheros Inc
Qualcomm Atheros at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qca
**Job Area** Engineering – Hardware
**Location** California – San Jose
**Job Overview** Qualcomm CDMA Technologies is the largest developer of 3G, 4G WAN and WLAN communication technology in the world. Our ASIC modem design teams deliver cutting edge hardware and software products across every established wireless standard/protocol.
The role of an wireless ASIC design engineer at Qualcomm is the specification, design, verification and implementation of digital circuits and software for wireless applications.
You will be responsible for developing next generation digital ASICs in advanced CMOS process technologies for wireless modems in the following technologies: CDMA, LTE, Wi-Fi and 5G.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
**Minimum Qualifications** At least 3 years of hands-on experience in ASIC architecture, micro-architecture and RTL design, including RTL quality checks, power analysis and synthesis aspects, as well as some experience in the following:
– Hands-on experience with Verilog and/or VHDL and/or SystemVerilog.
– Theoretical and/or practical knowledge of Discrete-time Signal Processing and/or PHY layer digital communication systems.
– Theoretical and/or practical knowledge of Wireless Modem or high-speed DSP datapaths: digital filters, fast Fourier transforms (FFTs), encoding and decoding of error-correcting codes, OFDM/OFDMA timing synchronization, channel estimation, MIMO equalizers, etc.
– Ability to reading, understanding Matlab and/or C++ code and translation to synthesizable structures.
– Hands-on experience with design quality check as well as synthesizability of the design using prevalent EDA tools.
– Ability to come up with testcases, test scenarios for validation of the designed datapath logic design.
**Preferred Qualifications** Preferred:
– Familiarity with On-chip buses, cross-bars, framers/deframers and data movers, embedded Micro-controller subsystems, Massively parallel processors, GPUs, etc.
– Knowledge of HVLs, OOP, Testbench Architectures, SVA, Vera, OVM, VMM, RVM.
– Software design experience and knowledge of CPU and DSP architectures is desired.
– Familiarity with IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax WiFi Phy layer protocols
– Familiarity with OFDM and OFDMA
– Understanding the effect of logic design choices on power consumption
– Scripting and automation skills: Unix/Linux shell programming, Perl, Java, Makefile, XML
**Education Requirements** Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required, Master’s or PhD preferred.
**EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.**
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.