**Job Id** E1958440
**Job Title** Wi-Fi PHY HW/Systems Engineering
**Post Date** 11/06/2017
**Company-Division** Qualcomm Atheros Inc
Qualcomm Atheros at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qca
**Job Area** Engineering – Hardware
**Location** California – San Jose
**Job Overview** Work on Qualcomm’s next-generation Wi-Fi physical layer HW modeling, algorithm development, and performance characterization.
– Develop and deliver fixed-point C++/SystemC models for Qualcomm’s next generation (802.11ax) physical-layer (PHY) HW implementation. Models are used as golden reference for Design Verification (DV) as well as performance characterization and final performance sign-offs.
– Develop large-scale automation tools and testing infrastructure for code-quality assurance and performance characterization for end-to-end PHY models.
– Identify performance deficiencies and propose enhancements to PHY algorithms and implementation.
– Work closely with Standards, Design and Verification teams to ensure timely deliveries of models and verified designs.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
**Minimum Qualifications** Required:
A minimum of 3 years of experience in the following areas:
– Fixed-point C++/SystemC HW model development
– PHY/MAC algorithm & system design background.
– Building large-scale automation systems for performance characterization
– Working with geographically distributed teams
**Preferred Qualifications** PHD in Electrical Engineering
**Education Requirements** Required: Bachelor’s, Electrical Engineering with Communications system design focus
Preferred: Master’s, Electrical Engineering with Communications system design focus
**EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.**
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.