**Job Id** E1955313
**Job Title** Wireless ASIC Design Verification Engineers (San Diego, CA)
**Post Date** 12/05/2017
**Company-Division** Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
CDMA Technology at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
**Job Area** Engineering – Verification
Engineering – Hardware
**Location** California – San Diego
**Job Overview** Qualcomm is the world leader in wireless ICs powering the majority of 3G, 4G and 5G devices and is the largest fabless semiconductor in the world. Qualcomm designs wireless modem and RF transceivers for advanced cell phone applications and is currently looking for functional design verification (DV) engineers. As a wireless verification engineer, you will be responsible for verifiying wireless baseband designs by developing testplans and verification environments, and applying these to verify a broad spectrum of wireless designs.
As verification is a rapidly changing field and consumes the majority of the design process, developing and deploying new verification methodologies is an essential part of the work you will do. You will work closely with systems and firmware engineers in formulating test cases and test vectors. Assertions, simulation, formal verification, HW-SW co-verification and constraint/HVL-based verification are all tools in our verification toolbox you will use on a daily basis.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
**Minimum Qualifications** A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering and experience in the following areas required:
– Verification test planning, test bench architecture, assertions, problem solving and debug
– Constrained Random Verification experience with SystemVerilog using OVM or UVM
– Coverage driven verification(code/functional/assertion coverage)
– Verilog or VHDL, C/C++, Tcl/Perl/shell-scripting
**Preferred Qualifications** – Wireless or wireline modem communications or DSP background.
– RTL design experience and/or very strong OO programming experience.
– Experience with simulation acceleration tools.
– Experience with formal verification.
– General knowledge in design process, digital design, design (hw/sw) verification tools and techniques, communications systems, computer architecture, etc.
-Knowledge of Scripting and automation skills: Unix/Linux shell programming, Perl, Java, Makefile, XML.
– Strong critical thinking, problem solving and test planning skills.
– Good communication and interpersonal skills.
**Education Requirements** Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering required.
**EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.**
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.