**Job Id** E1954614
**Job Title** Wireless Modem Embedded Software Engineer
**Post Date** 01/11/2018
**Company-Division** Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
CDMA Technology at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
**Job Area** Engineering – Software
**Location** New Jersey – Bridgewater
**Job Overview** Qualcomm is a world leader in 3G and 4G Small-Cell technology and our PHY software team is actively seeking new members. (See https://www.qualcomm.com/invention/technologies/1000x/small-cells for more information) This position involves the development of embedded CPU software and DSP firmware in C on proprietary Tensilica-based platforms for Qualcomms Small-Cell product line. Successful candidates will participate in the design, implementation, integration, and verification of both 4G LTE and 5G NR wireless modem technologies. We are looking for someone that can contribute to detailed software design and implementation. This is an opportunity to work with leading-edge technology in mission critical software deployed via tier-1 mobile communications equipment providers to mobile operators throughout the world. Candidates are primarily responsible for the design and implementation of communication algorithms in real-time, embedded C. You will also work closely with Communication System Engineers and Modem ASIC Designers to implement, optimize and influence the current and long term design of our Small-Cell modems.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
**Minimum Qualifications** 5 or more years of embedded SW programming experience including:
– Real-time embedded C programming and/or C programming
– Communication systems, communication theory, digital signal processing (DSP)
– Physical layer software development experience
– Low level implementation of algorithms on an embedded processor
**Preferred Qualifications** – 3GPP(3G/4G) Physical layer software development
– Tensilica experience is a plus
– Microcontroller programming for control of hardware devices
– Multi-core CPU/DSP programming environments
– FSM99xx or FSM90xx SW development experience
– Familiarity with programming in resource constrained environments (MIPS, Memory)
– Ability to work well in a team environment working on multiple projects with challenging deadlines across multiple geographies
**Education Requirements** Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, EE, or like. Master’s is preferred.
Strong communications theory education background required.
**EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.**
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.