Wireless Modem Embedded Sr. Software Engineer (Bridgewater, NJ)
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
Engineering – Software
New Jersey – Bridgewater
Develops, creates, and modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyzes user needs and develops software solutions. Designs software or customizes software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. Modifies existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance. Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Stores, retrieves, and manipulates data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements. Designs, develops, and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
The responsibilities of this role include:
* Working independently with little supervision.
* Making decisions that are significant in impact; errors are not readily apparent due to the complexity of work process/product or time between decisions and results; errors typically result in significant expenditure of time, resources, and funds to correct.
* Using verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels. May require strong negotiation and influence, communication to large groups or high-level constituents.
* Having a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to provide input on key decisions).
* Completing tasks that require multiple steps that can be performed in various orders; tasks require simultaneously executing multiple cognitive abilities and maintaining information in short- or long-term memory.
* Exercising exceptional creativity to innovate new ideas and develop innovative products/processes without established objectives or known parameters.
* Using deductive and inductive problem solving; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or conflicting; advanced data analysis and interpretation skills are required.
* Occasionally participates in strategic planning within own area affecting immediate operations.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
* 7+ years Software Engineering or related work experience.
* 3+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
* 12+ years Software Engineering or related work experience.
* 3+ years experience with Database Management Software.
* 3+ years experience with API.
* 3+ years experience working in a large matrixed organization.
* Master’s Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
* Familiarity with programming in resource constrained environments (MIPS, Memory) for embedded systems
* Ability to work well in a team environment working on multiple projects with challenging deadlines across multiple geographies
* Strong communications theory background, with signaling processing development experience preferred
* 3gpp (4G/5G) Physical layer software development
* Microcontroller programming for control of hardware devices
* Multi-core CPU/DSP programming environments
* Tensilica experience is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.