**Job Id** T1955231
**Job Title** Wireless Modem Systems Engineers- All Levels
**Company-Division** Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
CDMA Technology at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
**Job Area** Engineering – Systems
Engineering – Hardware
**Location** California – San Diego
California – Santa Clara
**Overview** Are you reading this job posting on your phone or tablet? If yes, then our team is already making a difference in your life.
You have an opportunity to join the team that is responsible for the huge success of 4G LTE around the globe and is now expanding in new areas such as 5G, IoT, and vehicular communications. Get in on the ground floor of these new emerging technologies and help shape the future.
The curious and passionate Systems Engineer will have academic project experience or 1+ year industry experience in at least one of the following areas:
– Communication theory, applied mathematics, RF interfaces and digital mitigation of RF distortion, low power design, signal processing, information theory, probability and random processes, machine learning or Bayesian inference
– Ability to program effectively in C/C++, and Matlab
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– Some experience with wireless standards a plus (i.e. LTE/Wifi/5G/UMTS)
– Modem architecture, software engineering and simulation design, microprocessor architecture, embedded software, data network protocols are also useful
**Education Requirements** Master’s or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science required.
**EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.**
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.