About Embark Behavioral Health in Marion, MT
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete initial medial assessment, documentation, and organize medications.
- Respond to reports of pain or sickness as they arise and assess the client.
- Determine when a client is to be placed on sick bed due to illness or pain.
- Accompany clients to clinic or hospital should the situation arise; communicate findings to the clients' caregivers and to the Clinical Director.
- Check the vital signs and weight of client as assigned.
- Accurately disperse client medications and make record in the Medication Administration Record.
- Count and track narcotics every shift.
- Monitor clients regarding mood, behavior and affect, and then chart the findings. (Particularly when a client is starting a new medication.)
- Communicate any pertinent medical information to the client, caregivers, program staff, and Psychiatrist either verbally or in written form.
- Assist night watch staff with care of clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements for position:
- Current nursing license (LPN or RN) to practice nursing in the state of Montana
- Valid Montana Driver License
- Maintain current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Knowledge of standard medical terminology and technique.
- Knowledge of legal charting procedure and requirements.
- Knowledge of medications and procedure for medication administration.
- Ability to check vital signs.
- Skill in using nursing tools and equipment (e.g., needles, thermometers, diagnostic tests, stethoscope, blood pressure cuffs, etc.)
- Skill in assessing the physical condition of the clients.
- Skill in communicating medical situations accurately to clients, parents, and co-workers.
- Ability to use word processing software and to navigate networks.
- Experience or knowledge of health insurance submission processes.