About the Position
This position is the primary point-of-contact for prospective AdvicePay users and especially prospective Enterprise users. Potential AdvicePay users are individuals, businesses, and large broker/dealers who are typically financial planners looking to use a payment solution to help them better serve their client, many implementing the fee-for-service model for the first time.
This is a full-time position for a flexible and ambitious individual with a passion for helping us grow AdvicePay with Enterprise sales. Responsibilities include: finding potential customers, reaching out to prospects, hosting demos, answering questions via email and phone, managing prospective user lists, attending conferences, negotiating, documenting, and implementing Enterprise pricing, transitioning Enterprises to their dedicated relationship manager, and more.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Proactively manage your account list to turn Enterprise prospects into paying customers!
- Help prospective customers understand the true value of AdvicePay and the fee-for-service business model
- Build and maintain account plans for your target accounts
- Coordinate marketing resources and your own outreach (phone, email, social) to ensure the key contacts at your target accounts are receiving regular communications from AdvicePay
- Demo AdvicePay and all of its glory for groups and individuals – you’ll know the ins and outs of AdvicePay to successfully demonstrate all its features
- Work with Relationship Managers to help grow existing customers
- Attend 5-10 financial planning and B/D conferences a year with fellow AdvicePay team members to talk with prospective and current users about AdvicePay
- Collaborate with other AdvicePay teams, including the Marketing and Product teams, to help onboard new customers through coordinating press releases, communicating feature requests and facilitating the transition to their dedicated Relationship Manager.
- Negotiate, document, and implement Enterprise pricing to ensure it’s clear to our users and to our team
- Document notes, calls, meetings, and details within HubSpot
Key Metrics for Success
New Recurring Revenue
Start Date: January 2023
Status: Full-time, exempt
Location: Bozeman, MT or Remote (All full-time Remote Team Members are expected to be in Bozeman for Quarterly Retreats. AdvicePay covers flights, hotel, and meals.)
Reports to: Head of Sales
Direct Reports: None
Compensation & Benefits
Salary: $92,095 per year based on accountabilities for the position and our transparent salary structure shared with all Team Members during their first week
Unlimited vacation days to maintain work-life harmony (we require you to take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year)
11 paid holidays when the office is closed
401(k) with match – you put in 6% and we put in 4.5%
12 weeks of paid parental leave for the birth, adoption or fostering of a child
Health benefits package provided of up to $500/month
Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D, and Accident insurance options
Employer-paid life insurance
Employer-paid long-term disability coverage
$600/year toward the cost of working with a financial planner, plus up to $500 toward the one-time upfront fee
$250/quarter to spend on yourself specific to our core value of “Be Well Being You”
$500 donated to a non-profit organization of your choice when you volunteer 40 hours/year
$2,000/year in Professional Development funds
A sabbatical program that includes a cash bonus and extra time off at 5, 10, and 15 years
Subsidized employer-sponsored childcare through our internal daycare program
Company-owned MacBook Pro provided
Please see our Dream Team Handbook for more info about the benefits and perks we offer!
What You’ll Bring to The Table (If you think, “I only meet 80% of these requirements”, still apply!)
- Next-level administrative and organization skills that even Marie Kondo would admire; things like maintaining calendars, scheduling and organizing meetings, and project management make your heart sing.
- A love of detailed work that requires both accuracy and consistency. You’re the champion of ensuring nothing falls through the cracks!
- Your communication skills are top-tier and empower you to communicate effectively about many moving parts with many corresponding teammates
- Breaking new ground comes naturally to you (you might even have a hard hat to prove it). You are always looking at ways to improve the sales and onboarding processes, ensuring prospects and customers have the best experience
- Your friendly, helpful self with a smile so big they can even feel it through your emails!
- Ability to create a swoon-worthy customer experience through interactions face-to-face at conferences, over the phone, on webinars, video calls, emails etc.
- Experience in closing deals and attaining new sales
- Industry and product knowledge so you can confidently answer questions from prospects and customers, determining what their needs are, and detail why we’re a good fit for them
- An understanding of and strong alignment with our core values
- Legally authorized to live and work in the United States
What Will Make Us Drool
- Prior experience in another vertical of our company: programming, support, marketing (as a small team our Team Members are flexible and jump in to help out their teammates)
- Prior experience doing sales for a SaaS company/platform
- Demonstrated ability to understand an enterprise solution and manage a complex sales cycle, with deal sizes over $100k in ARR
- Prior experience in financial planning and/or FinTech to better relate to customer needs and answer questions
- Experience making customers happy and delivering on all promises made to our customer (we never over promise and under deliver)
P.S. You may have caught on that we’re looking for a rockstar to join our team. If you’re feeling like you don’t have a platinum record (yet!), don’t let the confidence gap or imposter syndrome get in your way of applying — we would love to hear from your talented self.
Cover Letter (text can be copied into the application form)
Resume (to be uploaded)
Applications will be reviewed as they are received
Initial screen via audio and/or video (your choice!) answering a few short questions about AdvicePay and the position
Work sample (1 to 2 hours)
Final round interviews, including:Meet some of the Team
Company’s core values interview
Final interview with a Leadership Team Member
Our typical hiring process takes 6-8 weeks from when we first post the job to when we extend a final offer
After applying, please be on the lookout for an email from us confirming receipt of your application, as well as future correspondence (emails sometimes get caught in your Junk/Spam folder or a Promotions tab)
AdvicePay believes that our Team Members, and the individual identities and experiences of our Team members, are our key differentiators. We won’t settle for mere acceptance of each other’s differences because we maintain that our Team is better because of our differences, not in spite of them. As such, our culture celebrates, champions, supports, protects, and thrives on our various and collective identity categories. AP is beyond proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
AdvicePay is a billing and payment processing platform that enables financial advisors to shift their focus toward giving advice to people still building wealth, instead of only those who already have it. Historically, financial planning advice was only available to the affluent, who could afford to pay a financial advisor’s fees directly from their portfolios. We set out to change that, as we believe personal financial planning advice should be available to all. In doing so, we’ve become the very first and only technology solution created specifically for fee-for-service financial planning.
We are headquartered in Bozeman, Montana and we are incredibly proud to be listed on this year's Inc. 5000 list of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies (and #1 in Montana!) as well as being recognized as a 2022 WealthTech 100 company, which places us among the top 100 innovative FinTech providers in the world addressing opportunities faced by the wealth and asset management industries. Additionally, our sister company, XY Planning Network, was nationally recognized as one of The 346 Best Places to Work in 2019 by Inc. magazine and by the 2019 InvestmentNews Excellence in Diversity & Inclusion Awards. And since we work in the same office and have the same awesome benefits and core values, we like to say “we basically won too!”
You’ll love working here if you value - and want to contribute to - a positive, inclusive, innovative, and “Get Sh*t Done” culture where teammates help one another succeed and are committed to doing the right thing. If you're up for the challenge of disrupting an industry, join us.
About the Platform
Users of AdvicePay are financial advisors who use our platform to get paid by their clients for fee-for-service financial planning. Advisors can issue agreements for client e-signature, accept ACH and credit cards, bill hourly or one-time fees, and establish recurring subscription payments while remaining fully compliant with current industry regulations.