The Digital Advertising Strategist will work to advance the programmatic and strategic growth of the Alliance for Climate Education (ACE) through implementing, managing, and improving ACE’s digital advertising campaign strategies in key states and nationally, across the organization’s primary issue areas of: climate education and storytelling, stopping fossil fuel expansion, and ushering in a new era of renewable energy.
The scope of responsibilities will include, but is not limited to: creating new campaigns to drive sustainable web traffic; implementing national and state-based campaigns through state-based chapters; managing data and digital tools; partnership and coalition management in the state; managing in-state communications (e.g. text, email, and other modes) with the Youth Action Network and state-based chapters; creating state-based campaign and action collateral; potentially managing 10-20 state-based ACE chapters doing education, climate advocacy, and/or civic engagement work.
In this position, the Digital Advertising Strategist will work to strengthen ACE’s role and impact in advocating for an end to the era of fossil fuels, a swift and equitable transition to renewable energy, and an increase in diverse youth participation in our democracy.
This is a full time, remote position based in the United States. The Digital Advertising Strategist will work from home, meet regularly by video chat with ACE team members and partners, and conduct the majority of activities both online and in-person, when safe. The Digital Advertising Strategist must be available for travel within the United States, to participate in staff retreats and/or conferences.
- Assist the Director of Digital Strategy in setting up, monitoring, and auditing our paid digital advertising program across multiple channels, including various social media streams, Google Ads, YouTube, and more
- Manage campaigns, audiences, ads, tracking assets, and processes across paid traffic sources
- Provide creative and copy assistance and feedback
- Assess and optimize paid inbound lead campaigns to ensure KPI delivery
- Translate a variety of KPI and communicate actionable optimizations
- Use in-list (e.g. text, email) messaging to identify and recruit young people to start or join ACE communities to participate in campaigns, climate advocacy and civic engagement work.
- Collaborate closely with any other in-state staff (e.g. Civic Engagement Manager) on engagement strategy, as well as the Distributed Organizing Director, Civic Engagement Director, Campaign Director, Campaign Managers, and Digital Strategy Directors to thoughtfully execute winning civic engagement and climate advocacy campaigns.
- Manage our SMS opt-in pathways, keywords and tracking processes to measure the success of campaigns and campaign actions.
- Provide trainings to staff members
- Build knowledge of digital tools and platforms available to ACE to ensure their expanded use.
- Develop new digital opportunities within existing and future digital ad spaces
This description reflects ACE’s assignment of essential functions, it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. ACE retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position at any time.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- ACE staff
- Communications and website vendors
- Ad setup: Ensure timely and correct creation of digital and social advertising campaigns, including targeting and creative; learn and implement ACE’s processes and procedures for paid campaigns; optimize target audiences and develop methodologies to find new audiences; build ads and associated tracking; request copy or creative edits as necessary.
- Ads reporting: Ensure cross-channel advertising data is flowing correctly into data dashboards; review ad spend / lead data and provide weekly recommendations to team to optimize both targeting and/or creative elements; develop new ways to look at ads data to improve efficiency;
- Inlist Messaging: Create and manage campaigns that effectively leverage retargeting/re-engagement opportunities from within our pre-engaged audience; generate awareness these audiences are aware of ongoing/upcoming events, actions, etc.; build out retargeting platform and creative stack.
- Content Development: Conduct background research and create content briefs, including creative and copy recommendations for national and state-based campaigns across all paid channels; support the development of ads content as needed; stay on top of changing technical specifications and keep key personnel informed.
- Stay Updated: Keep on top of local policies, events, coalitions, campaigns, trends and related hashtags within the short-form video ecosystems like TikTok, Reels or Triller.
- 1-2 years of experience in the digital marketing or digital organizing field
- Experience building, managing, and evaluating paid advertising campaigns within Facebook Ads Manager and Google Ads
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines
- Strong Excel or Google Sheets skills
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and creativity
- Awareness of the issues of concern to young people, including climate change and climate justice, and a passion for empowering youth to take action
- Experience working with Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixel, and other event tracking mechanisms.
- Experience managing paid digital advertising on other social or paid media channels
- Copywriting experience
- Graphic Design experience
- SEO/SEM experience
- WordPress experience
- Existing expertise or willingness to master trends in climate education, youth development, youth organizing and the climate movement
- Schedule: Full-time
- Annual salary range: $55,000 – $61,200 commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b retirement savings plan, Vacation, 2 Floating Holidays, 2
- Community Service Floating Holidays, Sick time and 12 observed holidays
- ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values staff diversity
- Anticipated start date: August 30th, 2021
- Deadline to apply: July 31st, 2021
Location: Remote (May require occasional travel once it is safe)
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Digital Ads Strategist” in the subject line. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.
ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values diversity, equity and inclusion and views the climate crisis as a social justice crisis. People who identify as Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC), people who experience gender oppression, people with disabilities, and people who identify as members of the LGBTQIA+ community are particularly encouraged to apply.
About Alliance for Climate Education
The Alliance for Climate Education (ACE) exists to confront climate change as the most urgent crisis of our time, threatening the futures of people and ecosystems across the globe. ACE’s mission is to educate young people on the science of climate change and empower them to take action. We achieve impact by working at the nexus of young people, climate justice, and democracy. We seek to educate a generation of young people about the climate crisis, and invite them to join the climate movement they must lead, including participating in our democracy as a voter. Since our founding in 2008, ACE has directly engaged tens of millions of young people through its programs