Part-time Office/Editorial Assistant for Literary Magazine
Bellevue Literary Review (BLR) is a literary magazine that publishes creative writing at the intersection of healthcare and the arts. BLR is an established publication (20 years), but recently incorporated as a nonprofit organization. As a newly energized startup, BLR is seeking a highly organized individual (part-time) to help manage daily operations.
BLR is seeking a part-time assistant in the NYC area to provide administrative support to the Managing Editor and Chief Editor. The position requires strong organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, self-motivated work ethic, and facility with a variety of software and web-based applications.
· Managing orders and subscriptions
· Managing review process of submissions
· Monitoring email accounts
· Responding to customers
· Managing production calendar for journal
· Updating WordPress website
· Basic video and image editing
· Posting on social media
· Assisting with events and promotion
· Assisting Managing Editor and Chief Editor as needed
· Interest in literature and the arts
· Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic about new projects and learning
· Familiarity with Google Drive, WordPress, social media
· Familiarity with basic image/video editing (Canva, Photoshop, iMovie)
· Commitment to BLR’s mission and goals
· 2 references who can attest to work ethic
· Familiarity with editorial and publishing world
· Proofreading skills
· Social media skills
· Marketing/publicity skills
· Familiarity with InDesign
· Familiarity with Submittable
Though we work remotely, we are NYC-based, and we are looking for someone in the NYC area. BLR is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and equity in all realms of its operations.
~15 hours per week, flexibly organized
$22 per hour
If you are interested, kindly upload your CV via this Google form.