Job Title: California State Policy Organizer (CSPO)
Location: San Francisco/Sacramento area (remote)
The BlueGreen Alliance (BGA) seeks qualified candidates for the position of California State Policy Organizer (CSPO). The successful candidate will work remotely from California (CA) and be available for regular travel to/in the San Francisco Bay-Sacramento area. The CSPO will report to the CA State Policy Manager and the Western States Director.
The California State Policy Organizer is responsible for maintaining and growing the CA BGA organizing Table (a statewide coalition of labor and environmental partners). The CSPO develops and implements organizing strategies to grow public awareness and advance BGA policy initiatives. The coalition’s current strategic priority is making CA a leader in clean industry, manufacturing, energy, and sustainable water use, including the production of low-carbon materials and clean energy, and advancing high-road labor policies. The policy organizer’s other outreach and advocacy work will be driven by Table members’ shared interests and capacity. This may include, but is not limited to, tightening safety standards at industrial facilities, growing access to zero-emission vehicles, and promoting high-road labor standards in clean energy development. The CSPO provides organizing and communications support to the CA State Policy Manager to achieve BGA policy initiatives. The CSPO reports to the CA State Policy Manager and will work with BGA staff, labor unions, environmental groups, environmental justice groups and other allies.
· Plan, facilitate, onboard, grow, and communicate with the CA BGA Table regularly;
· Develop relationships to increase participation and to understand Table priorities;
· Facilitate collaboration between Table members on shared priorities;
· Solicit input from Table members on CA BGA policy initiatives;
· Develop and implement organizing strategies to achieve CA BGA policy initiatives, in coordination with the CA State Policy Manager;
· Represent BGA to the public, including testifying at legislative hearings and regulatory proceedings, in consultation with the CA State Policy Manager;
· Plan and conduct public education events such as webinars and workshops;
· Develop fact sheets, sign-on letters, and other advocacy materials; and
· Develop social media content in coordination with the Communications Team and the CA State Policy Manager.
· Two or more years of experience organizing legislative or issue-based advocacy campaigns; or a combination of education and experience to exceed two years;
· Ability to use the various technology platforms utilized by BGA including cloud-based collaboration systems;
· Microsoft Office, payroll systems, and any future programs as required;
· Proven ability to build collaborative structures and to work in coalition; and
· Ability to travel throughout CA as needed.
· Experience working with labor unions and environmental groups;
· Familiarity with climate change policy and related issues; and
· Familiarity with CA political landscape.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
· Proven ability to juggle multiple campaigns and to work independently.
· Sensitive to the needs and concerns of stakeholders with diverse backgrounds and priorities;
· Strong commitment to economic, racial, and environmental justice; and
· A deep commitment to the mission of the BlueGreen Alliance.
This is a union-represented position.
Flexible schedule and occasional meetings before or after office hours.
· Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employee and family;
· Employer-paid Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability for employees;
· Cell phone reimbursement;
· 15 days vacation, 10 days sick, and 17 paid holidays to start;
· Access to health care and dependent care FSA accounts;
· 4% 401k Employer contribution.
Job Information: Salary range, $60,000-75,000, exempt. The position will be based in California, with regional travel expectations (15-25% travel).
Apply at https://www.bluegreenalliance.org/careers/ Position open until filled. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Contact email@example.com with questions.
BlueGreen Alliance does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy and related conditions, sexual or gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in the administration of employment policies, or in any other programs and activities.
About BlueGreen Alliance
The BlueGreen Alliance (BGA) is a powerful and unified voice for building an economy that addresses climate change, protects the health of people and the environment, eliminates income and racial disparities, and creates and maintains good-paying, union jobs in communities across the country. BGA brings together labor unions and environmental organizations—representing millions of members and supporters—around a shared agenda and enacts change by advocating at the state and federal level; providing education and engaging union members and environmentalists; and communicating the benefits of this shared agenda for working people, their families, and their communities.