The Continuing Education Coordinator is part of the Public Programs team at CIIS and reports to the Senior Manager of Events and Engagement. The main focus of this position is on the certificate programs offered by this department. These currently include Sex Therapy, Climate Psychology, and Intersectionality and Equity in Therapeutic Practices.
This position parallels and works in collaboration with the Events Coordinator, who also reports to the Senior Manager of Events and Engagement. These three members of the CIIS Public Programs team are responsible for the implementation and customer service support of all events and certificate programs presented by this department. The Continuing Education Coordinator will also work closely with the Senior Manager of Continuing Education.
The Continuing Education Coordinator is responsible for managing Public Programs certificate programs and workshops offering continuing education credits. This position is also responsible for managing the day-to-day customer facing operations for Public Programs in collaboration with the Events Coordinator, such as ticket sales management and responding to email inquiries. The Continuing Education Coordinator also provides office management and administrative support to the Public Programs team in collaboration with the Events Coordinator.
The ideal candidate will support the mission and vision of CIIS and enjoy being part of a fast-paced and growing Public Programs team. They will be personable and understand the importance of cultivating effective working relationships both internally and externally with customers, vendors, and instructors. The Continuing Education Coordinator will be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management of Public Programs Continuing Education Workshops and Certificates
- Works closely with the Senior Manager of Events and Engagement, Events Coordinator, and Senior Manager of Continuing Educations to ensure continuing education workshops and certificates run efficiently and cohesively; is an active member of the Public Programs team
- Manages event logistics for continuing education workshops and certificates online and in-person
- Serves as staff host at selected continuing education workshops and certificates planned by the department, greets guests and troubleshoots throughout the programs
- Manages reconciliation of final bills and coordinates post event reporting including event surveys, reports of spending, attendance feedback, and other metrics for department records
- Develops effective working relationships with CIIS faculty, staff and students, vendors, donors, volunteers, community partners and others to nurture their connections to the organization
- Participates in planning, organizing and staffing for continuing education workshops and certificates
- Must be able to problem-solve with grace, humor, and efficiency all unforeseen challenges
- Process and manage continuing education certificates and digital certificates of completion for workshops and certificate programs; collaborate with third-party continuing education provider to issue certificates to workshop and certificate participants
- Support certificate students in all areas of training programs including onboarding, online learning management, course feedback, attendance, and ongoing customer service
Customer Service and Office Administration
- Provides excellent customer service both to presenters and participants in person, over the phone, and through email
- Sets up ticket sales on ticket selling platforms and manages phone and web-based ticket sales
- Handles communications with patrons via phone and email
- Handles office administration such as ordering department supplies, petty cash, printing, filing, research, and other duties as assigned
- Serves as a liaison between Public Programs, certificate program leads, and certificate applicants
- Manages certificate application process in collaboration with the CIIS Admissions department
- Manages payment processing for certificate programs
- 2-3 years of event planning and/or office management experience, or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong attention to detail and maintaining consistencies
- Thrives within established and evolving systems for managing workflows
- Enjoys collecting, organizing, and assessing data
- Works successfully on teams, resolves conflict, promotes cooperation, commitment, and pride
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills a must
- Superior customer service skills and an ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences
- Professional written and oral communication skills a must
- Has a desire to grow, build, and improve as a team together
- Is comfortable offering constructive criticism and reexamining the status quo
- Able to direct and work effectively with other event staff, presenters, and vendors
- Works well within a wide range of activities while under pressure and/or deadlines
- Ability to work independently, operate under pressure, prioritize work assignments, and multi-task several ongoing projects
- Comfortable using a computer and working in an online office and event environment, able to pick up new technology quickly
- General understanding of event management and/or continuing education offerings within nonprofits and/or educational institutions is desired
- Ability to prioritize, anticipate upcoming issues, initiate processes, all while managing ongoing tasks
- The ideal candidate will be flexible, good natured, and have a sense of humor in addition to valuing alignment with the mission and vision of CIIS while being ready to offer differing perspectives
Occasional work performed alone with ability to work remotely from time-to-time. Collaboration and constant work around and with other people.
This position requires attention to detail, good memory, ability to work under deadline pressure, sitting and standing for long periods of time, oral and written communication, keyboarding for significant portions of the workday, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, reaching, patience and tact in order to perform the essential functions.
FLEXIBLE work week as coordinated and approved by supervisor.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. Full benefits.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions — Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
- Background Check — Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses, or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver’s license.
- Visa Sponsorship — Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance — This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) strives to cultivate and preserve a culture of inclusion and belonging as part of the Seven Commitments of CIIS. More than accept difference, we honor and celebrate our staff’s diversity of experiences, perspectives, and identities. Together, our community creates and maintains working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, accessible, and welcoming.
CIIS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation, and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual, and bicultural students, faculty, and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI). CIIS is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online. A Cover Letter is required for this application.
For Further Inquiries, please e-mail Anita Arcieri, Senior HR Generalist at HRoffice@ciis.edu
About California Institute of Integral Studies
About California Institute of Integral Studies:
The California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally recognized leader in integral education. CIIS strives to embody spirit, intellect, and wisdom in service of individuals, communities, and the earth. CIIS has an enrollment of over 1,600 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
CIIS is a mosaic of faces and philosophies, backgrounds, and beliefs. Like our faculty and staff, students are intellectually engaged and socially active. Each day brings new experiences that broaden horizons and hone critical thinking. Programs, both inside the classroom and throughout the campus, inspire creativity, nurture community, cultivate curiosity, and foster social good. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
The California Institute of Integral Studies strives to cultivate and preserve a culture of inclusion and belonging as part of the Seven Commitments of CIIS. We don't just accept difference, we honor and celebrate our staff's diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In turn, our diverse and inclusive culture brings us together in ways that empower all of us to connect, belong, and grow in our roles.
ABOUT CIIS PUBLIC PROGRAMS
The Public Programs Department at California Institute of Integral Studies produces events and continuing education opportunities for people who are curious about themselves and the world. Our programs and podcast further personal and social transformation by bringing together the diverse voices of visionaries, artists, and scholars to share compelling experiences, offer new perspectives, and expand creative horizons. Public Programs enhances and reflects the academic mission of California Institute of Integral Studies.
The Public Programs department is currently a team of six people who work collaboratively, while also operating with deep trust in each other's expertise and autonomous responsibilities. They value new and differing perspectives and cultivate a supportive human-centered work environment. The events produced by this department provide opportunities for personal growth and the team regularly dedicates time outside of day-to-day work tasks to learn from and with each other.